Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello. I have been doing research for last couple weeks to figure out which computer would be best for music production. I want it to be a laptop. I have looked into the new macs. The problem is that the displays of these sucks except if you buy a retina one and that costs too much. I just need to have laptop with good cpu, 8gb of memory and good display and it needs to be capaple of running logic 9 (so it needs OS X). Is it possible to make a stable hackintosh of an Asus zenbook ux32vd (the new model with i7). And if not, what laptop would you guys recommend? Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks for your answer. Btw why would you prefer pro over air? Air has ssd and benchmarks say it has only 10% less processing power than macbook pro

Because I know CPUs....
But you can compare the base model spec by yourself http://ark.intel.com/compare/67355,65707
I'd say that's a lot more than 10 percent...
You also get a faster GPU in the MacBook Pro, even though it might have the same name and keep in mind that the GPU and CPU will only go into turbo mode as and when there's enough thermal headroom. A low-Wattage CPU in a slim chassis doesn't have the same thermal headroom as a slightly higher Wattage CPU in a bigger chassis.
I guess it comes down to how much processing power you need and you could put an SSD in the MacBook Pro...

Thanks again for great answer :). I have now decided to go for the macbook pro if i choose to go mac at all. I'm still considering Asus Zenbook ux32VD (with i7). The thing is if i go PC-route, then i have to learn to use something other DAW than logic 9

I really wouldn't bother with Ultrabooks either if you need processing power, as the performance just isn't there. The i7 CPU in the Zenbook is a dual-core, i.e. it's the same as the i5 with a bit more cache and slightly higher clock speeds for a much higher price.

Well what would be your laptop of choice if i wanted to go PC-route? would be cool if it doesnt weight that much, has good processor, 8gb of ram and at least 128GB SSD(or easy to swap one into). If i take SSD and 8gb ram to macbook pro, it will cost 1500e+. If i can get same specs on pc around 1k E, then i could afford better studio monitors or audio interface

What an odd reply on a hackintosh forum.

Look into the 4730s. You can upgrade the screen too if you want better resolution.

Does it look like the OP wants a 17.3-inch notebook?
And no, it's not an odd reply if he wants a 100% stable system that doesn't have any kind of issues.
Yes, the HP's are ok, but far from ideal for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back