Contribute
Register

Laptop DSDT Database: Submission Thread

Re: Laptop DSDT Database: Submission (HP DV7 LC734 / DV6-6052EA)

BubuXP said:
Robbish said:
HP Pavilion DV7 LC734 a.k.a DV6-6052EA (Bios Rev. F.1A, 20/07/2011)

I'm trying to modify a similar model (dv6-6102sl) that uses the same bios, so our DSDTs are the same.

Specs:
CPU - Intel i5-2410M
VGA - Intel HD 3000 (it has AMD Radeon HD 6490M too but I can see it only in Windows)
RAM - 4GB DDR3
WLAN - Ralink RT5390
LAN - Realtek 8111
AUDIO - IDT HD

I updated the bios to F.1B but those errors are still there.
I managed to correct the errors too, using DV6 Sandy Bridge GENERIC.txt but I found very difficult to use Lion on this system.
I must use cpus=1 and NullCPUPowerManagement to boot the system (installed via rBoot CD + xMove to USB).

I think I will try a DSDT-less approach: at the moment with or without patched DSDT makes no differences on the system.
Did you manage to get your laptop working? Are you using Lion too? And what VGA you are using in OSX?

EDIT: I'm speaking about Lion in a Snow Leopard section (even if related). I will continue here.

Hi BubuXP,

i fixed this DSDT for a friend who is a Noob trying to install Snow Leopard Retail DVD using the iBoot & MultiBeast install method. My experience is only on desktop PC's so i doubt that i can help you with your Lion install as i don't have access to the laptop that i extracted this DSDT from

in the meantime, check out this thread from Samchavles. Although his HP laptop is an older spec, his non DSDT / EasyBeast solution may help you with your install.
:think:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=36662&start=0

Re: Laptop DSDT Database: Submission (HP DV7 LC734 / DV6-6052EA)

Robbish said:
Vanilla DSDT (unmodified)
extracted Under Linux (Ubuntu 10.10 LiveCD)
Compilation Results:- 1 Errors, 3 Warnings, 8 Remarks, 20 Optimizations

PC LAPTOP: HP Pavilion DV7 LC734 a.k.a DV6-6052EA (Bios Rev. F.1A, 20/07/2011)

CPU: Intel Sandybridge 2GHz Core i7-2630QM (6 MB L3 cache)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6490M (1 GB DDR5)
RAM: 6GB DDR3
AUDIO: Beats Sound System (IDT Hi Definition Soundcard)
NETWORK: Realtek (LAN), Intel PROSet & Intel My WiFi for Windows 7 (WAN) or RALINK (WIRELESS ADAPTER) / 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth.
MOUSE: TouchPad supporting Multi-Touch gestures and On/Off button

EXTERNAL PORTS: 2 x USB2 | 2 x USB3 | 2 x HEADPHONE OUT | 1 x MICROPHONE IN | 1 x VGA | 1 x RJ45
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Peeps..
i prefer to edit my DSDT by hand using the Mac App DSDTSE as this is how i learned with my Desktop PC's DSDT.

when you fix _T_0 and _T_1 with their correct replacements T_0 and T_1 , that eliminates all Remarks to 0 so you get;
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 3 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 20 Optimizations ;

but i cannot figure out the fixes for the remaining Errors and Warnings below;

Error 4057 - Name already exists in scope ^ (\TNOT)

Warning 1088 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (PAPR)
Warning 1088 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (_CRS)
Warning 1081 - Reserved method must return a value ^ (_CRS)

i tried the Vanilla DSDT in an app called DSDT Fixer but it too could only fix _T_0 and _T_1 before confirming "Compilation Failed !" so i have emailed this DSDT to the makers of that App so they can add it to their HP database.

IF ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM KNOWS THE FIXES FOR THESE ERRORS & WARNINGS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

ONCE I HAVE THOSE SOLUTIONS THEN I WILL ADD ALL THE ENHANCEMENTS AND AFTER I'M DONE, I'LL POST THE COMPLETED EDITED DSDT FOR ALL - CHEERS ;)

I have fixed these problems now and i will post the fixes along with a modified DSDT soon..
Here are the fixes i found thanks to Google, MaLd0n, olarila.com and the Ubuntu forum (i didn't realise a lot of Linux peeps patch their DSDTs too) ;

Error 4057 - Name already exists in scope ^ (\TNOT)
Code:
ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED CODE;

External (\TNOT) 

FIXED CODE;

External (\NOT) 

THE ALTERNATIVE METHOD IS TO DELETE External (\TNOT) altogether as this works just the same.
NOTE: at this point if you perform an AML Compile on the dsdt.dsl file then it will eliminate that Error completely/never to return however for reasons i don't understand, if you run an AML Compile on a DSDT.aml file then the line External (\TNOT) will return along with the Error ! :banghead:

Warning 1088 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (PAPR) ;
Code:

Method (PAPR, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (ECON) {}
                Else
                {
                    Return (Zero)
                }
            }

FIXED CODE;

{
                If (ECON) {}
                Else
                {
                    Return (Zero)
                }
	      	Return (Zero)
            }

THE ALTERNATIVE FIXED CODE BELOW ALSO WORKS TOO;

{
                    			Return (Zero)
                		}

Warning 1088 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (_CRS)
Warning 1081 - Reserved method must return a value ^ (_CRS)

Code:

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    If (IGDS)
                    {
                        Return (CRS)
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

FIXED CODE;

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    If (IGDS)
                    {
                        Return (CRS)
                    }

Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                        0x00
                    })
                }
            }
        }
    }

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 20 Optimizations

Attachments

• dsdt_fixed.dsl
    415.8 KB · Views: 387
  • DSDT.aml
    49.3 KB · Views: 413
Hopefully someone can make use of my DSDT and help me modify it for Lion
first file dsdt.aml is unedited pulled from ubuntu 11.10
second file DSDT 2.aml is edited to fix the compile errors, following Robbish's method above

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    49.3 KB · Views: 418
  • DSDT 2.aml
    49.3 KB · Views: 384
Information and BIOS:
Hewlett-Packard
HP ProBook 4520s
BIOS Revision: 68AZZ Ver. F.20
Bios Date: 09/08/2011
KeyBoard Controller Revision: 57.35
Processor Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 M380
Processor Speed: 2.53GHz
Memory Size: 4096 MB RAM
WLAN FCC ID: QDS-BRCM 1051
Bluetooth FCC ID: QDS-BRCM1051

--Network Adapters:
Bluetooh
Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n
NIC Gigabit Ethernet PCI-E Realtek Family RTL8168/8111D (NDIS 6.20)

--Video Adapters:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 64Mb dedicated, 695Mb shared

--Sound:
Audio Video Intel (R)
IDT Higth Definition Audio CODEC

--Hard Disk:
Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller

--USB:
3 USB ports

--More:
HP Webcam [2 MP Fixed] Obs: Recognized at the Lion.
Synapits Touchpad
Display resolution: 1366x768 (They say the definition MacBook Pro 8.1 works, but I could not in Snow Leopard for lack of kexts for the Intel HD Graphics, the Lion have not tested yet.)

I tried to compile the DSDT from my laptop using the DSDT DSDTSE Editor and also using Windows 7, but appears about 201 errors and no idea how to fix them, since I know nothing about DSDT syntax.
I need DSDT compiled much of this, since in my ProBook 4520s not all work and no kexts for all devices.
If you can compile this file. Dsl that I enclose, I could contact?
Thank you so much, I managed quite looking forward your tips, but this. Dsl (. Aml) is what's missing for me ... :)

Sorry for the mistakes of English, but I'm from Brazil ... Again, thank you so much...

Attachments

• HP_ProBook4520s_68AZZ_F20.dsl
    857 KB · Views: 344
Robbish,
do you know how to write the changes you made to fix the compile errors into a patch?
I would like to compose all my needed changes into one single patch to make others with my same laptop have easier time getting their DSDT patched...
If not can someone help me put those and one other change that I need into a patch to automatically use dsdt editor to patch our DSDT files.

Thanks a lot.

stuck said:
Robbish,
do you know how to write the changes you made to fix the compile errors into a patch?
I would like to compose all my needed changes into one single patch to make others with my same laptop have easier time getting their DSDT patched...
If not can someone help me put those and one other change that I need into a patch to automatically use dsdt editor to patch our DSDT files.

Thanks a lot.

yeh,

just use the DSDTSE editor by Ev0sx86 teamhttp://www.osx86.es/?p=610 to write your changes. This will allow you to generate a modified DSDT.

All you need to do is load your unmodifed DSDT into DSDTSE and then copy the Fixed code text over the original code text of your unmodified DSDT.

Run the DSDTSE AML Compiler to make sure Errors and Warnings are eliminated.

When your done with all your changes, save your modified DSDT in .dsl format for future editing and .aml format to use in your OSX PC
;)

Apologies, just realised, you wanted a patched version of those changes

i don't know how to create patches for this purpose so if i were you, i would head over to http://www.olarila.com , they have patches galore over there and maybe they can create the patch for you ?

Is there any available DSDT here for HP PROBOOK 4730s?

LeandroRocha said:
Information and BIOS:
Hewlett-Packard
HP ProBook 4520s
BIOS Revision: 68AZZ Ver. F.20
Bios Date: 09/08/2011
KeyBoard Controller Revision: 57.35
Processor Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 M380
Processor Speed: 2.53GHz
Memory Size: 4096 MB RAM
WLAN FCC ID: QDS-BRCM 1051
Bluetooth FCC ID: QDS-BRCM1051

--Network Adapters:
Bluetooh
Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n
NIC Gigabit Ethernet PCI-E Realtek Family RTL8168/8111D (NDIS 6.20)

--Video Adapters:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 64Mb dedicated, 695Mb shared

--Sound:
Audio Video Intel (R)
IDT Higth Definition Audio CODEC

--Hard Disk:
Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller

--USB:
3 USB ports

--More:
HP Webcam [2 MP Fixed] Obs: Recognized at the Lion.
Synapits Touchpad
Display resolution: 1366x768 (They say the definition MacBook Pro 8.1 works, but I could not in Snow Leopard for lack of kexts for the Intel HD Graphics, the Lion have not tested yet.)

I tried to compile the DSDT from my laptop using the DSDT DSDTSE Editor and also using Windows 7, but appears about 201 errors and no idea how to fix them, since I know nothing about DSDT syntax.
I need DSDT compiled much of this, since in my ProBook 4520s not all work and no kexts for all devices.
If you can compile this file. Dsl that I enclose, I could contact?
Thank you so much, I managed quite looking forward your tips, but this. Dsl (. Aml) is what's missing for me ... :)

Sorry for the mistakes of English, but I'm from Brazil ... Again, thank you so much...
Hello, I got help from a staff EvOSX86, there were only two warnings (warnings) ...
I'm leaving here for those who need ...
back to Linux again, but anyway, thank you all .. even more :)

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    42.3 KB · Views: 286
Can someone give me a direct link to this DSDT program?

Back