Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Hello, fist of all thank you for this post.
Then let's go to my question.
I'm going to buy a new laptop and i'm trying to catch something hackintoshable.

I think i've found what i was looking for.

Dell inspiron 14 series 7000
The specs are similar to the ones you listed but i can't figure out which chipset is installed,
Then i'd also like to know if some one has ever tried other components of that pc that are not listed in your post (like wi-fi, bluetooth, or ethernet)
I probably will change hdd with a Samsung evo ssd (that i already know to work fine).
Thanks in advance.

Its chipset is listed as 'HM76 Mobile Express Chipset'.

I don't own this btw, just spotted it on the web after looking at a couple of reviews.

I would suggest you read the reviews of it though, some of them are not great.

here's the list of hardware from Dell Site.

CPU: Intel core i5-4200U (haswell)
GPU: Intel HD 4400
HDD: Hybrid 500 gb + 32gb ssd (will probably be replaced by a samsung 840 evo)
Wi-Fi: half mini Dell Wireless

Nothing on dell site about bluetooth or eth.

HD4000 is supported. Half Mini Dell Wireless doesn't tell you much. Most of the time, the WiFi that comes with does not work. Just plan on replacing it. Ethernet you won't know until you try.

Came back after a long time, decided to try this out again, and it was easier than I expected. I'm currently running 10.9.2 almost flawless on my HP Envy 14, WiFi doesn't work obviously, but I have a USB adapter so there's no problems there, the only thing I'm having problems with is getting to boot without having to input UseKernelCache=No, It does boot, but my bluetooth KB/M wont work unless I input that boot flag, also, the sound sounds kinda muffled, especially on bassy music so I'm trying to find a fix for that. Other than that, working great.

Thanks Rehabman,

I have another tip for the people trying to figure out if things will work or not.

Before buying it's obviously wise to search the net and this board to see if things will work or not, but on laptops this is not so easy.

On the manufacturer's website you should be able to get some info via the support part of their website.
Download the owner's manual, sometimes with Lenovo for instance they have a repair manual even for some models, and there is always the driver section for latest drivers for win7 etc. In the readme.txt files there is sometimes a hint what the underlying hardware is or even the description or name of the driver.

Looking at those, even downloading them, can give you a good hint whether in principle you stand a fighting chance to have wifi or BT working.

Good luck!

Thanks Rehabman,

I have another tip for the people trying to figure out if things will work or not.

Before buying it's obviously wise to search the net and this board to see if things will work or not, but on laptops this is not so easy.

On the manufacturer's website you should be able to get some info via the support part of their website.
Download the owner's manual, sometimes with Lenovo for instance they have a repair manual even for some models, and there is always the driver section for latest drivers for win7 etc. In the readme.txt files there is sometimes a hint what the underlying hardware is or even the description or name of the driver.

Looking at those, even downloading them, can give you a good hint whether in principle you stand a fighting chance to have wifi or BT working.

Good luck!

Yes, research on the hardware is always important. Sometimes it is difficult to tell until you have the laptop in your hands what you have exactly...

Hello everyone!

i'd like to install mac osx on my fujitsu lifebook e8420

the specs are:
intel® CoreTM2 Duo-Prozessor P8700 (2.53 GHz, 3 MB, 1066 MHz)
intel® GmA 4500 Grafikchip
4 Gb ram

I Hope You can tell me, That it is working :)

thanks a lot
ben

Sorry for my Bad english

Hello everyone!

i'd like to install mac osx on my fujitsu lifebook e8420

the specs are:
intel® CoreTM2 Duo-Prozessor P8700 (2.53 GHz, 3 MB, 1066 MHz)
intel® GmA 4500 Grafikchip
4 Gb ram

I Hope You can tell me, That it is working :)

thanks a lot
ben

Sorry for my Bad english

GMA 4500MHD is not supported by any version of OS X.

Hi,
I am new here.
I want to install MAC OSX in my laptop. I wish to dual boot MAC OSX and Windows 8. I don't know where to start. Please help me with your valuable advice and provide me all necessary link to get this job done. Here is the spec of my laptop:

CPU: Intel core i5-4200u 1.6 GHz (Turbo boost up to 2.6 GHz)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400, up to 1748 MB Dynamic Video memory
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 L Memory
HDD: 500 GB

Thank you.

Hi,
I am new here.
I want to install MAC OSX in my laptop. I wish to dual boot MAC OSX and Windows 8. I don't know where to start. Please help me with your valuable advice and provide me all necessary link to get this job done. Here is the spec of my laptop:

CPU: Intel core i5-4200u 1.6 GHz (Turbo boost up to 2.6 GHz)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400, up to 1748 MB Dynamic Video memory
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 L Memory
HDD: 500 GB

Thank you.

General guide is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Dual boot: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Read post #1 here too.

hello
i want to now of it is possibille to get os x on my dell precision M4500

here is a list with specs

• Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 920XM / 2 GHz

• Graphics Processor

NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M - 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM

• Network Interface

Gigabit Ethernet

Back