Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

First generation for I core which is not ivy or sandy support OS X?

Any updates on dual 5ghz Atheros half sized wifi cards? Going to to get back working on my laptop again!

Hello,

is there a solution to get Apple HDA Audio working on a MSI-1754 Whitebook?

Greetings from Germany

Just a note about graphic cards: there are some laptops without switching technologies (like nvidia optimus). My G74SX has a discrete card, and its graphic card on CPU is disabled. So it works perfectly! I am not sure but I think it is the same for previous and subsequent version of this laptop (g73, g75).

Hi guys

Can someone please tell me which OSX can I install on this laptop?

HP pavilion dv7 6c70ca

i7 2,6Ghz
8GB ddr3
OZ 120GB ssd
ATI Radeon HD 6790 XT
BL-RW
1TB hdd

Thanks

Hi,
I read the post 1 but i have a specific problem. My laptop is Toshiba L50-A-119:
Intel core I7-3630QM
Intel HD 4000
Nvidia GT 740

My problem is: Im currently using win 8.1 (and that is all that works). I tried with linux (Ubuntu mostly and i had a nightmare). I can't instal x64 - it's saying that it can't finde 64bit Processor (but it is 64) i read that that is Intel virtualisation problem and it had to be (enable) form BIOS - it is but still don't work

I atempted to use x86- still problems. Wont install because of some stupit problem.

So my question is , what do you think is going to happend if i try to swich to OSx and will I be able to find drivers campatible for that?

Hi,
I read the post 1 but i have a specific problem. My laptop is Toshiba L50-A-119:
Intel core I7-3630QM
Intel HD 4000
Nvidia GT 740

My problem is: Im currently using win 8.1 (and that is all that works). I tried with linux (Ubuntu mostly and i had a nightmare). I can't instal x64 - it's saying that it can't finde 64bit Processor (but it is 64) i read that that is Intel virtualisation problem and it had to be (enable) form BIOS - it is but still don't work

I atempted to use x86- still problems. Wont install because of some stupit problem.

So my question is , what do you think is going to happend if i try to swich to OSx and will I be able to find drivers campatible for that?

I don't think it is valid to compare installing Linux to installing OS X. Although if you had trouble installing Linux, you're likely to have much more trouble installing OS X (just because it is much more difficult).

It sounds as if you were trying to install Ubuntu in a VM, which is not suggested for OS X.

You can't buy the Probook 4X30s 4X40s Series in Germany, neither on Amazon or In the HP Store. Does Hackintosh work on the 6x70b or the 6xxxb series too?

Back