Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Thank you! Yes, first step is the config.plist configuration issue so I used this one.

And next the network issue, it was error myself so I used Mac to have full installer. Now it's working almost fine. Of course it seems few drivers not working correctly. Like bluetooth, sound, some ports.

And also it suggest upgrade to big sur 11.6 so wondering if I can upgrade it through my hackintosh system without issues.
as long as your kexts and bootloader is up to date, you should be fine to update via system preferences

make sure to do the usb port setup as that is important and recommended for any hackintosh

as long as your kexts and bootloader is up to date, you should be fine to update via system preferences

make sure to do the usb port setup as that is important and recommended for any hackintosh
I will do it now. I really appreciate all your help!

acer aspire V3-575 series , model no. N15Q6 .. already read the post #1, however, more were the doubts than the answers found.. any pointers? (btw, the OS i'm aiming for is either Big Sur or newer)

acer aspire V3-575 series , model no. N15Q6 .. already read the post #1, however, more were the doubts than the answers found.. any pointers? (btw, the OS i'm aiming for is either Big Sur or newer)

Dell XPS 15 - 9550 fully working with Monterey.
Been using (amd loving) it without issue for quite a while
Want to upgrade but havent seen anything about higher OS versions here on the forums (either good or bad).

Can anywone confirm or deny this notebook's compatibility with macOS 13 (Ventura) or macOS 14 (Sonoma) ??

Thanks in advance

Dell XPS 15 - 9550 fully working with Monterey.
Been using (amd loving) it without issue for quite a while
Want to upgrade but havent seen anything about higher OS versions here on the forums (either good or bad).

Can anywone confirm or deny this notebook's compatibility with macOS 13 (Ventura) or macOS 14 (Sonoma) ??

Thanks in advance
Skylake can be spoofed as a Kabylake which can run Ventura

Skylake can be spoofed as a Kabylake which can run Ventura
Thank you VERY much for this reply Feartech. You've pointed me in the right direction. Which Kaby Lake SMBIOS would you advise i iuse for my system?

Thank you VERY much for this reply Feartech. You've pointed me in the right direction. Which Kaby Lake SMBIOS would you advise i iuse for my system?
I use MacBookPro14,1

AAPL,ig-platform-id -> 00001659
device-id -> 16590000

if using a usb kext, edit the info.plist to use the same smbios in there as well

use latest kexts, lilu, whatevergreen

Hi, I have a question. I have a Kaby Lake cpu on my HP 830 laptop and it has run great on Ventura with smbios 14.1. It can't be updated to Sonoma of course. Just as an experiment I logged out of Apple and just brutally changed the identity to smbios 15.4. Now the Sonoma installer pops up. No intention to update yet, just interested in what you think. Geekbench 6 jumped up some hundred points and all seems well. Shall I run OCLP when version 1 comes out tomorrow or what? Maybe it not possible to register this setup with Apple?

Edit: sleep does not work...I was to hasty there, sleep works alright, just had some network thing going on.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a question. I have a Kaby Lake cpu on my HP 830 laptop and it has run great on Ventura with smbios 14.1. It can't be updated to Sonoma of course. Just as an experiment I logged out of Apple and just brutally changed the identity to smbios 15.4. Now the Sonoma installer pops up. No intention to update yet, just interested in what you think. Geekbench 6 jumped up some hundred points and all seems well. Shall I run OCLP when version 1 comes out tomorrow or what? Maybe it not possible to register this setup with Apple?
what wifi card do you have.. out of interest

Back