Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Good Evening Feartech, followed the instructions to the "T" however I keep getting "ERROR!!! Load prelinked kernel with status 0x8000000000000009 Error Loading Kernel Cache (0x9)". attempted to run in Safe Mode but same results; get the circle with singe line cross error on screen, have a clue/solution for it ?

Good Evening Feartech, followed the instructions to the "T" however I keep getting "ERROR!!! Load prelinked kernel with status 0x8000000000000009 Error Loading Kernel Cache (0x9)". attempted to run in Safe Mode but same results; get the circle with singe line cross error on screen, have a clue/solution for it ?
try adding the boot argument:
Code:
-f UseKernelCache=No

Hi guys! Do you have some news on the core i7-10710U or Comet Lake in general? I read somewhere that macOS 15.5.5 will introduce Comet-Lake support.
I'm going to change my MacBook Pro 2018 and buy the new XPS 15" 9500 (which will use a i7-10750H/i7-10875H), so will I be able to run MacOS?

I've been watching the Hackintosh scene for years and have been impressed with what the community has been able to accomplish!

Now, it's time for me to start a Hackintoch Laptop build.. I've read several build threads, etc. but don't see any updated details on Laptop Compatibility.

So, what is the most compatible Laptop for Mac OSX (I'm fine with anything past OS X 10.11: El Capitan, though prefer High Sierra or greater) I can purchase any laptop that will work, but want to know what info is available on the most compatible laptop. I can be a year or so old, I don't mind. :D

Looking forward to digging into this and learning from you guys!

I've been watching the Hackintosh scene for years and have been impressed with what the community has been able to accomplish!

Now, it's time for me to start a Hackintoch Laptop build.. I've read several build threads, etc. but don't see any updated details on Laptop Compatibility.

So, what is the most compatible Laptop for Mac OSX (I'm fine with anything past OS X 10.11: El Capitan, though prefer High Sierra or greater) I can purchase any laptop that will work, but want to know what info is available on the most compatible laptop. I can be a year or so old, I don't mind. :D

Looking forward to digging into this and learning from you guys!
best to check over the guides section and see what needs to be sacrificed and/or what hardware needs to be replaced

What's your need- a light, go anywhere laptop or something that can run pro apps well? If the latter, what kinds of programs primarily?

I use a Dell XPS 9360, but there are some newer options now. What's your budget?

hey anyone had any chance with Thinkpad X390 No matter how hard I try can't get it to boot

Any thoughts on new laptops for hackintosh? My beloved macbook pro late 2011 collapsed and am not sure whether to get a new mabook or a hackintosh - I like the idea of being able to switch to Windows for gaming but I'm very used to macos ecosystem/workflow (and have purchased quite a lot of apps) - also in the past few years the feedback on macbooks wasn't exactly great.

I read RehabMan post and am looking at various models but was wondering whether you guys have also doing some research in this regard.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on new laptops for hackintosh? My beloved macbook pro late 2011 collapsed and am not sure whether to get a new mabook or a hackintosh - I like the idea of being able to switch to Windows for gaming but I'm very used to macos ecosystem/workflow (and have purchased quite a lot of apps) - also in the past few years the feedback on macbooks wasn't exactly great.

I read RehabMan post and am looking at various models but was wondering whether you guys have also doing some research in this regard.

I would go with a new MacBook if you're used to a macbook. The current state of hackintoshing new laptops isn't great. I think mostly due to RehabMan no longer being here.

Back