Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Page 87 1st post. Download that github folder and in the folder he includes one folder for oc and one for clover.

Another night of no good progress for me. I'm probably gonna put this on the back burner and wait for someone else with a comet lake to get it working. Much more annoying than clover to set up/get booting. I apologize to anyone waiting on me to get it working.
Yeah, Open Core is really awful when it comes to "user friendliness". But what's the problem with Clover? I'm still using Clover, on a laptop, and I'm with latest Catalina 10.15.4.

Yeah, Open Core is really awful when it comes to "user friendliness". But what's the problem with Clover? I'm still using Clover, on a laptop, and I'm with latest Catalina 10.15.4.
Are you running it on a Comet Lake or Ice Lake processor?

Clover doesn't have the correct memory map fix to run on most comet lakes and all ice lakes. I'm guessing it'll get implemented soon though. I'm gonna wait for someone with comet lake to upload their EFI on OC and base mine off that. Seems like clover is gonna get phased out soon.

Or at the minimum waiting for an EFI of oc running on a laptop with the latest version of OC that has the memory fixes. Spring quarter starts Monday and I'm in my last quarter of computer science program at uw, don't wanna screw it up spending a bunch of time experimenting with OC.

Last edited:
Hi, I have an ''HP Revolve 810 G1 - i7'' laptop. Do you know if theres someone who success to make a hackintosh with this laptop at least on EL Capitan or newer os versions ?

Hi, I have an ''HP Revolve 810 G1 - i7'' laptop. Do you know if theres someone who success to make a hackintosh with this laptop at least on EL Capitan or newer os versions ?
Yeah can run catalina on it, just follow a guide that uses the same processor as yours and then search how to fix the audio/touchpad for your specific model.

Yeah can run catalina on it, just follow a guide that uses the same processor as yours and then search how to fix the audio/touchpad for your specific model.
91260556_144990686913408_7382636864395542528_n-jpg.457587

I can't even see the progress bar properly and its not boot to the installer. I followed the Catalina general guide of install of tonymac because I can find one for my laptop - Relvolve 810 G1 (Intel Core i7 (3rd Gen) 3687U / 2.1 GHz). I have success to make 2 hackintosh by now but its start really bad with this one...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-revolve-810-g1-i7.294180/#post-2092054

Search for the hackintosh vanilla laptop guide on google. It’s not on tonymac but has the best documentation regarding laptops. Also try to boot in verbose to see where it’s hanging and keep the problems in your other thread.

----------------------------------------------------

So this is my current setup:
Lenovo S940
i7-1065g7
16GB RAM
512GB NVME SSD

Bios, everything kept on initial values except:
BIOS Backflash: Enabled
Flip to Boot: Disabled
Application Policy: Disabled
Intel Platform Trust Technology: Disabled
Secure Boot: Disabled

Created an installer drive with Catalina 10.15.4 and Clover. SMBios: Macbook Pro 15,4 (as the 2020 air is not available yet). All necessary SSDT's generated and modified according to my DSDT dump. Using OCQuirks instead of aptiofixes, enabled "ProtectUEFIServices" and "DevirtualizeMMIO"

STATUS: Stuck at "+++++++" which looks a bit different now than previously.

Attached "origin", "CLOVER" and a screenshot of the verbose output.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 137
  • EFI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 108
  • origin Lenovo S940.zip
    92.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I am missing the source right now but i read somewhere that ice lake enabled laptops have wifi embedded in the processor.
If true does that mean that now intel wifi will be supported from catalina?

I am missing the source right now but i read somewhere that ice lake enabled laptops have wifi embedded in the processor.
If true does that mean that now intel wifi will be supported from catalina?

No, they have parts of a wifi/Bluetooth assembly but not the whole thing. Most laptops including the new MacBook air still use fully dedicated wifi cards.

Back