Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Nice the Propertree OC builder is amazing, thanks for sharing!
I am currently trying to use OpenCore on my HP Envy 15t i5 10210U. However, the system is panicking because of IONVMeFamily.kext Let me know if you get a similar issue.

I am currently trying to use OpenCore on my HP Envy 15t i5 10210U. However, the system is panicking because of IONVMeFamily.kext Let me know if you get a similar issue.
Been busy with work trying to get as much done before we're shut down for quarantine(self employed so no protections during quarantine/stay at home orders). Can you post your efi file and I'll give it a run later today? I do remember using a different nvme kext though. Will try to confirm in about 12 hours when I get home.

Been busy with work trying to get as much done before we're shut down for quarantine(self employed so no protections during quarantine/stay at home orders). Can you post your efi file and I'll give it a run later today? I do remember using a different nvme kext though. Will try to confirm in about 12 hours when I get home.
Sure thing. I have added two block statements for IONVMeFamily.kext in Kernal=>Block. This might cause a panic for you so remove it if you do. IONVMeFamily.kext is an apple kext that is automatically loaded during boot/install. The only way for me to get past its panic was to add those block statements. However, later on in the process it panics again on DSMOS has arrived, Unsupported PCH, and HE2H_Key Does not Exist, use kSMCPStatesGPU for Internal GPU. It is obvious the panic is caused by my GPU; however, I cannot figure out for the life of me what else to do. I have tried using different SMBIOS and Device properties but got nowhere.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    647.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1228.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1229.jpg
    IMG_1229.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 95
Sure thing. I have added two block statements for IONVMeFamily.kext in Kernal=>Block. This might cause a panic for you so remove it if you do. IONVMeFamily.kext is an apple kext that is automatically loaded during boot/install. The only way for me to get past its panic was to add those block statements. However, later on in the process it panics again on DSMOS has arrived, Unsupported PCH, and HE2H_Key Does not Exist, use kSMCPStatesGPU for Internal GPU. It is obvious the panic is caused by my GPU; however, I cannot figure out for the life of me what else to do. I have tried using different SMBIOS and Device properties but got nowhere.

Have you looked at the OC efi from about 10 pages back that worked on some comet lake models? I was trying to use that but insert the changes from oc 0.5.7. It might have the kexts/drivers to make it work for you.

Your gpu is a hd630?

Have you looked at the OC efi from about 10 pages back that worked on some comet lake models? I was trying to use that but insert the changes from oc 0.5.7. It might have the kexts/drivers to make it work for you.

Your gpu is a hd630?
My GPU is UHD 630. I have went through the last 15-20 pages of this thread and found some efis but haven't found a OC efi though only clover. I will look through it again. Thank you.

Is it this one?
Page 87 1st post. Download that github folder and in the folder he includes one folder for oc and one for clover.

Another night of no good progress for me. I'm probably gonna put this on the back burner and wait for someone else with a comet lake to get it working. Much more annoying than clover to set up/get booting. I apologize to anyone waiting on me to get it working.

Last edited:
Page 87 1st post. Download that github folder and in the folder he includes one folder for oc and one for clover
I have tried that one. Hasn’t worked for me. Neither clover nor OC

Page 87 1st post. Download that github folder and in the folder he includes one folder for oc and one for clover.

Another night of no good progress for me. I'm probably gonna put this on the back burner and wait for someone else with a comet lake to get it working. Much more annoying than clover to set up/get booting. I apologize to anyone waiting on me to get it working.
Yeah, Open Core is really awful when it comes to "user friendliness". But what's the problem with Clover? I'm still using Clover, on a laptop, and I'm with latest Catalina 10.15.4.

Yeah, Open Core is really awful when it comes to "user friendliness". But what's the problem with Clover? I'm still using Clover, on a laptop, and I'm with latest Catalina 10.15.4.
Are you running it on a Comet Lake or Ice Lake processor?

Back