Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Im kinda confused with the recent leaks pointing at a i7-1068NG7 ice Lake processor for the new MacBook. I think I’m gonna jump ship and order a Lenovo s940 and stick with it. Were there any recent consumer processors that could not be spoofed in the end?
@Killuminati91 have you tried hackintosh in S940 or any 1065G7 processor? I am also about to buy Lenovo Yoga S940.

@Killuminati91 have you tried hackintosh in S940 or any 1065G7 processor? I am also about to buy Lenovo Yoga S940.
Missed the deal, I’ll wait until it drops in price again or go for the yoga slim 7 once it is released. Only problem I can see with the S940 is the non replaceable WiFi card. You’d have to use a usb-c adapter + usb WiFi.

Nice 10.15.4 released. I'm going to give it a shot on my prestige 15 today.

Yeah I'm gonna try opencore, only have done clover before on multiple machines so I'm gonna run into some issues and have some challenges, especially because not many open core guides yet for laptops. Also my car got broken into a week ago and I just realized my old hackintosh laptop was stolen(didn't realize before since I've been exclusively using my new laptop). So now I have to go find another machine running Mac OS to do everything.

here are some guides that I am using currently that might help you with OpenCore

Damn opencore is more annoying to set up than I thought. I got ahold of a macbook air to use for a couple hours and half assed an EFI for opencore but it's pretty picky and you gotta do the work manually. Had to give the macbook back and didn't have time to do that. Will try to get ahold of that macbook again and try making the opencore EFI again this time carefully. Really sucks my older hackintosh got stolen, else would have been able to play around with it till I got it right.

Damn opencore is more annoying to set up than I thought. I got ahold of a macbook air to use for a couple hours and half assed an EFI for opencore but it's pretty picky and you gotta do the work manually. Had to give the macbook back and didn't have time to do that. Will try to get ahold of that macbook again and try making the opencore EFI again this time carefully. Really sucks my older hackintosh got stolen, else would have been able to play around with it till I got it right.
yes, OpenCore does require some reading and it isn't very forgiving if you miss anything out but i think it is worth it though :)

You do not need to have a Mac/PC-Mac to edit the config.plist for Open Core. You can do it on a Win10 PC with Proper Tree: https://github.com/corpnewt/ProperTree
Run the ProperTree.bat file in a command window, click file>open>(find your config.plist and select it), start editing.

You do not need to have a Mac/PC-Mac to edit the config.plist for Open Core. You can do it on a Win10 PC with Proper Tree: https://github.com/corpnewt/ProperTree
Run the ProperTree.bat file in a command window, click file>open>(find your config.plist and select it), start editing.
Yeah my issue was I compiled the latest version(unreleased) of opencore and mixed and matched that with a laptop opencore build(older version) from someone else. I'm going to try again but go from the opencore compiled build and manually delete/add every kext and do the config plist from scratch.

Nice the Propertree OC builder is amazing, thanks for sharing!

Back