Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

I'm gonna give it a shot this Tuesday/Wednesday when hopefully the final version of 15.4 is released, they've had 5 betas now.

Yeah, it's better to wait for the final version, not betas. Also, I hope I can continue using Clover. I'm not in the mood of learning about a new boot loader again. I had to do it in the past when changed from Chameleon to Clover and at first I did a mess.

Yeah, it's better to wait for the final version, not betas. Also, I hope I can continue using Clover. I'm not in the mood of learning about a new boot loader again. I had to do it in the past when changed from Chameleon to Clover and at first I did a mess.
I'll give open core a shot, seems like laptop support on clover is going to take a hit since Rehabman left/disappeared.

I'll give open core a shot, seems like laptop support on clover is going to take a hit since Rehabman left/disappeared.
I see you have the same laptop I have bought. I'm still waiting for it, Amazon still not shipped it after 1 month. :-/

I'll be following your messages if you post some updates on your progress. :)

I see you have the same laptop I have bought. I'm still waiting for it, Amazon still not shipped it after 1 month. :-/

I'll be following your messages if you post some updates on your progress. :)
Will do, just waiting for 15.4 public release. Will post a guide if/when I succeed.

Damn no release today, guessing due corona virus staff shortages/developers working from home.

Any chance of hackintoshing the costco 14" HP with a i5-1035g4? I know the trackpad will likely be an issue as not even MS has a built-in driver yet but would be nice to get it to boot. Not sure where to start…
Model 14-dq1033cl but hp sent a bunch with i5

Any chance of hackintoshing the costco 14" HP with a i5-1035g4? I know the trackpad will likely be an issue as not even MS has a built-in driver yet but would be nice to get it to boot. Not sure where to start…
Model 14-dq1033cl but hp sent a bunch with i5

Definitely looks like Ice lake in the new MacBook air's (Iris Plus is listed as GPU). Hard to say which specific CPUs though as they don't publish a specific model and the clock values are different to what intel publishes.

Back