Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

I have not seen a single person with the 10th gen 6 core i7 working. Are you referring to the 4 core i7 and i5 10th gen when you say there are already people with it working on different laptops?
I agree it's likely not the 6 core i7. I tried so many times. Nothing worked. Tried taking the cpuid, tried various graphics configurations. It seems to hang at memory allocation when I tried Mojave (hang at EndRandomSeed message) but Catalina wouldn't even get to that point.

I have a Prestige 15 running an i5-10210u, been trying multiple combinations of AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFix3Drv, OcQuirks + FwRuntimeServices using CLOVER, all of them gave me "Error Allocating 0x##### Pages at 0x################ alloc type 2".

Finding and setting slide values didn't help.
Slide=0 gets me to +++++++++++

Can someone with an i7 10710u try manually patching the kernel for MSR 0xE2 like this?

Can someone with an i7 10710u try manually patching the kernel for MSR 0xE2 like this?

While I agree that the kernel most likely needs patching. I don't think that's the patch it needs. Someone would have to figure out where the issue is and create a new patch.

I did some debugging with open core and it seemed to be pausing execution just before the memory allocation so I wonder if it's related to existing CFG lock (MSR 0xE2) patches not working on the new processors.

Nope. The Clover one wont even start Clover from the USB Stick - my old HP Envy 13 i7-10510U config got me to the plus line.OC only gives me UEFI Shell and reset NVRAM options.

Edit: Same Problem with a Lenovo Yoga C640 i7-10510u now, Im beginning to think this is not exactly
CPU related but might be related to the motherboard?

Last edited:
Back