Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Man Why can't just name one or two specific laptop instead compatibility ? Like XYZ laptop is you can get closest to mac as Hacintosh

Man Why can't just name one or two specific laptop instead compatibility ? Like XYZ laptop is you can get closest to mac as Hacintosh

It just isn't that simple.
With non-Apple laptops, there is always complications and compromises.
So... it depends on your requirements and which problems you can live with.

Hi folks,

Because of CES 2017 and the countless laptops that get announced or are announced already, I get Interested in thin laptops with touch display. Because I do not know about a real Mac with touch display, is there even a minimal functionality of touch interfaces in OSX? Especially the Lenovo Thinkpad X1 looks interesting to me.

yours, Markus

Hi folks,

Because of CES 2017 and the countless laptops that get announced or are announced already, I get Interested in thin laptops with touch display. Because I do not know about a real Mac with touch display, is there even a minimal functionality of touch interfaces in OSX? Especially the Lenovo Thinkpad X1 looks interesting to me.

yours, Markus

Minimal is right (for USB touchscreens). Single touch only. Basically worthless.
There are drivers from touch-base you can pay ($$$) for.

I would like to use a touch input for writing notes on pdfs. That would be some kind of improvment to my actual MacBook Air 2012. But a 133€ driver is a bit to much, as I do not know any compatibility before trying it.
Anyway, it seems like ever new notebook comes with at least 1 usb 3.1 usb-c port with or without thunderbolt 3 included. How good are these ports supported? I think i heard that only 3.1 ports provided by AsMedia chips a supported (with patches) in osx.

I would like to use a touch input for writing notes on pdfs. That would be some kind of improvment to my actual MacBook Air 2012. But a 133€ driver is a bit to much, as I do not know any compatibility before trying it.
Anyway, it seems like ever new notebook comes with at least 1 usb 3.1 usb-c port with or without thunderbolt 3 included. How good are these ports supported? I think i heard that only 3.1 ports provided by AsMedia chips a supported (with patches) in osx.

I have no USB3.1 usb-c hardware, so no idea.

Thanx so much for the post, and sorry my english but is the firs time that i can understand so good about laptops and hackintosh. Best regards

Thanx so much for the post, and sorry my english but is the firs time that i can understand so good about laptops and hackintosh. Best regards

Make sure you read the laptop FAQ as well...

Back