Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Dell Inspiron n5050 and I applied the PNLF DSDT patch and my laptop brightness works fine; I can control brightness via the system preferences and I can use my functions keys. However, I have a few minor problems. After reboots the brightness goes to back to maximum, or what appears to be the maximum. When I wake the laptop from sleep, the screen gets even brighter than before and I can still control brightness, but it does not go as low as it would after a reboot. Conceptually, here is the situation: After a reboot, dimmed brightness would be correct at 10% of the displays true potential,but the max would be only 70%. After wake from sleep the new low seems to be about 30%-40% of the display's true potential and the max is 100%. Any ideas?

Hi man, i've exactly same problem here on a Dell 5423 laptop and i've read all posts relative to brightness but without success . Please someone post some fix for this

I'm still completing my friends dell n5110 install.

Everything is complete, and working, I just need to correct graphics artifacts.

As for the brightness, After patching the DSDT, it just worked, I cannot say I noticed a difference before or after sleep etc.

But if you take the Hp probook for example, even with the huge amount of support and guides for it on this site, even on that laptop there are issues with brightness levels and having to force a monitor sleep before full levels are enabled.

It may be a case of just something that is that way.

I'm happy to look at my friends again, but its not here at the moment, Im not even sure if its a similar spec laptop?

Yeah sure, Ill post the DSDT for the Dell, bare in mind, I'm certainly no expert, and I rely on help from others a lot still.

Hopefully there is something in the DSDT that you can see that will fix your issue though, as I say, on the N5110, brightness/ sleep works perfect, better than on the probook in fact.

Ive clicked to attach the zip file, hopefully its worked

ps, the DSDT is not perfect, it has a couple of warnings, no errors obviously, but Id only take from it what you need, I wouldnt suggets using it, although you could try I guess, easy enough to ignore it at boot with the right flag.

Good Luck, hope it helps!

ps, there n5110 of my friends has a patched bios for powermanagement, now, Imn not sure thats even working correctly yet as i still use nullpower.....kext like i said, its incomplete, Im not sure if that has anything to do with the sleep / brightness issues or not.

But one way or another, it works properly on that laptop.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 82
Thanks for the DSDT. But i've no luck with it. Can you boot without DSDT and check what is the behaviour of brightness?. Just to discart.

I have a Dell Inspiron n5050 and I applied the PNLF DSDT patch and my laptop brightness works fine; I can control brightness via the system preferences and I can use my functions keys. However, I have a few minor problems. After reboots the brightness goes to back to maximum, or what appears to be the maximum. When I wake the laptop from sleep, the screen gets even brighter than before and I can still control brightness, but it does not go as low as it would after a reboot. Conceptually, here is the situation: After a reboot, dimmed brightness would be correct at 10% of the displays true potential,but the max would be only 70%. After wake from sleep the new low seems to be about 30%-40% of the display's true potential and the max is 100%. Any ideas?

Did u ever fix this issue? Have same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back