5. Headphone - Green
  6. Line Out - Grey
  7. SPDIF Out
  8. HDMI/DP (dsdt edits required)

1. Working audio devices
  2. Non working audio devices
  3. Audio quality
  4. If not working/no devices. attach IOReg/IOJones
  5. If audio device(s) not working, attach IOReg/IOJones and codec dump.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    838.9 KB · Views: 849
Note: I made this post sticky not because it will apply to many laptops, but because if there is someone with an ALC892 laptop, I'd like to make sure they notice this post.

I have a laptop with ALC892 with audio id 1 (barebone MSI GS70). AppleHDA and HdaEnabler from multibeast 6.1 did not fully enable audio, I got output and input devices in Settings/Sound but they were non-functional.

However, with your AppleHDA and the HDAEnabler from multibeast 6.1, i am able to get audio through speakers/headphones and also my microphone is working as well. Thanks !

(i could not get my audio working with DSDT as I got a lot errors while compiling my DSDT)

Will be happy to help you with further testing !

I could not find any native dsdt files in whole of /EFI partition. So not sure why I got a Clover patched DSDT when I extracted using MaciASL.

Anyway, I have attached a DSDT obtained using DSDT editor on linux. (I did not boot into linux through clover, so no chance of clover auto patching my DSDT !)

View attachment MSI-GS70-DSDT.zip

Yeah, thats why I gave up on DSDT and stuck with clover injection.

I could not find any native dsdt files in whole of /EFI partition. So not sure why I got a Clover patched DSDT when I extracted using MaciASL.

Anyway, I have attached a DSDT obtained using DSDT editor on linux. (I did not boot into linux through clover, so no chance of clover auto patching my DSDT !)

View attachment 82464

With this DSDT, you would have less errors if you disassembled it correctly. Extract all DSDT and SSDT in Linux (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic). Place them all in a single directory renamed to *.aml, then disassemble using '-e' param to iasl:

Code:
iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml

You will need a recent build of iasl: http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ell-inspiron-17-7000-hackintosh-able-iasl.zip

Back