Contribute
Register

Laptop ALC892 - Testers Needed

Lastly, I woke up in the morning and turned it on and no sound again lol. After waking from sleep it worked. Odd but I guess i just need to make it sleep first then audio works fine, have you ever heard of this, no audio until sleep?

Lastly, I woke up in the morning and turned it on and no sound again lol. After waking from sleep it worked. Odd but I guess i just need to make it sleep first then audio works fine, have you ever heard of this, no audio until sleep?

If you're using Clover, try config.plist/Devices/Audio/ResetHDA=true.

I have that selected actually. Ill mess around a bit

Its all working well still, still need to sleep before audio works, tried everything you said, could it perhaps be the kext i am using? CodecCommander is what is making it work.

Update - Actually even just closing the lid then opening it up right away fixes it. Do not have to reboot, I am interested on why this is doing this. Not a huge deal

Last edited:
Its all working well still, still need to sleep before audio works, tried everything you said, could it perhaps be the kext i am using? CodecCommander is what is making it work.

Update - Actually even just closing the lid then opening it up right away fixes it. Do not have to reboot, I am interested on why this is doing this. Not a huge deal

Are you using the latest CodecCommander.kext?

I'll double check. I believe I am yes

Hello! First I'd like to thank a lot of people (too many to mention) for helping getting my laptop in the hackintosh world. I was able to put it up and running without asking any questions, due to the extensive guides available.

I was finally able to get sound from my laptop, but I can't get any activity from the internal mic.
I injected audio layout 1 in DSDT loaded by clover, installed codeccommander with the "update nodes", reset HDA is ticked on clover and installed provided AppleHDA on post#1.
I can't get the integrated camera and microphone to work. Everything else works fine. Any thoughts on the mic?

Thank you

Attachments

• Mexox’s MacBook Pro.zip
    461.8 KB · Views: 271
Hello! First I'd like to thank a lot of people (too many to mention) for helping getting my laptop in the hackintosh world. I was able to put it up and running without asking any questions, due to the extensive guides available.

I was finally able to get sound from my laptop, but I can't get any activity from the internal mic.
I injected audio layout 1 in DSDT loaded by clover, installed codeccommander with the "update nodes", reset HDA is ticked on clover and installed provided AppleHDA on post#1.
I can't get the integrated camera and microphone to work. Everything else works fine. Any thoughts on the mic?

Thank you

It is likely that this patched AppleHDA is not correct for your codec. You might search for alternates or patch it yourself.

Thank you RehabMan for your answer. Your name came up a lot when I was installing Yosemite in my laptop. I'd like to thank you for all your guides. Could you please point me to where I could test other AppleHDA's or even how to patch it myself?

Cheers

Back