Contribute
Register

LAN RTL8111 does not work on sierra 10.12.16 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kennfried
I have the same configuration GA P55A-UD3.
It's working without any issues (High Sierra)

I'm going to try again and do a fresh install with High Sierra to see what happens. I'll report back with the results when I'm done.

The driver currently works as expected on High Sierra after following the guide posted by P1LGRIM. I will post again after I get everything else set up and have used it for a while. So far it seems to me that updating to High Sierra fixes the issue.

After another cold boot on a different day the driver still doesn't work fully as expected so it wasn't a Sierra compatibility issue.

Try this manual installation procedure :

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download the kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.
I know I'm late to this party, just wanted to say thanks very much for the info, I just updated my old build to Sierra and wasn't getting gigabit til I followed your instructions. You're a lifesaver! :)

Try this manual installation procedure :

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download the kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

worked for me too on asus h61m board... kudos to you p1lgrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back