Contribute
Register

Laggy Windows/UI after updating to High Sierra 10.13.3 with nVidia card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I decided to update my hackintosh Sierra to High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D47)

I updated clover and all kexts to the latest version and there's no pain in the installation and booting. But after I installed the latest nVidia web driver for 17D47, the window animations become laggy especially using Chrome, UI will freeze for a very short time sometimes, which is very annoying. I'm using i7 8700k + gtx 1080.

Anyone having the same issues here?

I temporarily fix this by plugging my DP cable from graphics card to the motherboard, which I think I'm using the iGPU and it works smoothly.

BUMP

I got the same issue.
I7 8700k with 1060 TI

choppy and laggy after installing Nvidia Drivers for 10.13.3
Yesterday I decided to update my hackintosh Sierra to High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D47)

I updated clover and all kexts to the latest version and there's no pain in the installation and booting. But after I installed the latest nVidia web driver for 17D47, the window animations become laggy especially using Chrome, UI will freeze for a very short time sometimes, which is very annoying. I'm using i7 8700k + gtx 1080.

Anyone having the same issues here?

I temporarily fix this by plugging my DP cable from graphics card to the motherboard, which I think I'm using the iGPU and it works smoothly.

I had the same thing happen to me. I never noticed for a day or two. I put Adobe software on it and a VPN. The VPN was causing my internet and mail to have no connection and causing the app store and apps to run laggy. I found this when i went to system prefs>network the side panel showed the VPN that wasn't shown in the menu bar. I checked the menu bar option this disconnected it from the menu bar. Now I don't have very much lag. It does randomly happen which is weird when you have a 1050 ti and 16gb ram with i7 skylake. this should be kicking major ass. But at times I have that same experience.

1 thing I did notice is with this update I can use my HDMI port now. But if the computer sleeps or screensaver comes on i have to unplug the HDMI cord, plug a monitor into DVI, unplug it, plug the HDMI back in and it resizes until something causes it to resize again. If I don't do that the screen is completely static.

P.S. I also noticed this lag happens when downloading.

Same here with a 1080Ti and Nvidia Web Drivers. Thought it was SDD related, but noticing that even the "genie effect" when minimizing and maximizing windows is stuttering, guess it's graphic card related. I'm afraid Nvidia is loosing interest in supporting OSX provided Apple has switched to AMD for discrete graphics and the "new" drivers are just the old ones with added line for compatibility with new OS release.

Same. Just updated from El Cap to High Sierra. Things went fairly smoothly apart from this issue. NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.25.156 is laggy and ruins the desktop experience. At first I thought it was failing to load the NVIDIA driver at all, but after a bit of messing around I've convinced myself that it's loading. Is there are a known good version to which we can downgrade or is it just a case of waiting around for a fix?

See also: https://sourceforge.net/p/nvidiagraphicsfixup/tickets/10/?limit=25#4009 I too have a Skylake processor, as mentioned in that link.

I have also noticed using my 1050 ti hdmi port works now and my display doesnt. The only reliable port is DVI. On the HDMI port when i boot before login i get a static noise screen greyed out. When I remove the HDMI cord for 30 second and plug it in it works great. I noticed any time that an app or OSX resizes the display I lose the signal and have to unplug. This doesn't happen with DVI. I am using a 4k LG UHD tv with a HDMI 2.0 cable with high sierra 10.3.3 with the updated drivers. If i revert the install I cant use my tv because its only HDMI. no monitor port on it. HDMI never worked on 10.3.2. I read about this being Pascal updates but how do you fix this glitch? Its due to resizing screen.

I think it is graphics card related. Have you all tried downgrading the drivers to an earlier version? I believe he 106 build from 10.3.2 seems to work. There are instructions available on the forum somewhere that shows how to install earlier builds with the latest macOS version.

Are you guys using the following kexts?

SHIKI, Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back