Contribute
Register

Laggy / unresponsive browser resizing Asus Z170 / Nvidia GTX 1080 running High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the link,
all seem to indicate nvidia drivers as the culprit. I'll try to downgrade to a different version of it using the script, I'll then disable my Geforce completely and see what the integrated graphics show...
Are you running Sierra or HS ? while first building my hack (a month ago) I initially installed with Sierra and don't quite remember it to be that non-buttery smooth (cause IMHO it's not only a matter of resizing browser, but really everything lacks astute snappyness to truly remind me of macOS happiness ;-)

Last edited:
thanks for the link,
all seem to indicate nvidia drivers as the culprit. I'll try to downgrade to a different version of it using the script, I'll then disable my Geforce completely and see what the integrated graphics show...
Are you running Sierra or HS ? while first building my hack (a month ago) I initially installed with Sierra and don't quite remember it to be that non-buttery smooth (cause IMHO it's not only a matter of resizing browser, but really everything lacks astute snappyness to truly remind me of macOS happiness ;-)

I'm running Sierra. Yea, it's not just the browser resizing. That's just where it was most pronounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back