Contribute
Register

laggy MacOS after wake-up (Prime Z490-A | i9 10850K)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehm. So average idle CPU after sleep is more than 90%? For me, with just Chrome open it is > 98% idle.

If you sort by % CPU, what process uses up the most? What is de name of this process?
Nothing special stands out.
I did upgrade my GPU to 6600xt today and then upgrade MacOS 13.0 public beta.

So far so good , let me see if anything will pop-up again.

Nothing special stands out.
I did upgrade my GPU to 6600xt today and then upgrade MacOS 13.0 public beta.

So far so good , let me see if anything will pop-up again.
sad news, MacOS 13.0 didn’t help. The situation got much worse now after it crashed at one point.
Then after reboot, it start laggy like crazy after boot into the system for about 5-10 minutes. Have no idea why.

I had some weird lags as well. I'm on OC 0.8.3 and Monterey 12.5. I just updated to OC 0.8.3, then it started happening. It happened after a recent restart, and the lag occurred while firing up different applications. One of the strangest lags was firing up Terminal. Freaking Terminal! I double-clicked the icon, then a terminal window appeared, but it was blank for what seemed like a minute. Then finally the prompt appeared.

It didn't happen with every application, but some applications on occasion.

I was going to restart it again to see if it happens again.
Right. I thought initially that the lag had something to do with Microsoft Teams since the app was hanging and it seemed to go away after reinstalling it. However, the lag reappeared. Therefore, I reverted back to OC 0.8.2 and for me the lag is gone. Tested it a few times putting the machines to sleep and now they are fast as expected. I hope OC 0.8.4 resolves the issue for Monterey.
Luckily I have Ventura on a different SSD which has its own EFI with OC 0.8.3.

Right. I thought initially that the lag had something to do with Microsoft Teams since the app was hanging and it seemed to go away after reinstalling it. However, the lag reappeared. Therefore, I reverted back to OC 0.8.2 and for me the lag is gone. Tested it a few times putting the machines to sleep and now they are fast as expected. I hope OC 0.8.4 resolves the issue for Monterey.
Luckily I have Ventura on a different SSD which has its own EFI with OC 0.8.3.
Thank you for provide the insight , i will also give a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back