Contribute
Register

Laggy High Sierra with GeForce GTX-950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @P1LGRIM for you effort, but no, still the Fu#$¬! lag. I'm seriously considering on downgrade to Sierra 10.2 and wait until new NVIDIA driver.
@kidpub said he has a very similar build as mine, he attached his config.plis, do you think is safe to boot my system whith his file instead of my config.plist?

@kidpub said he has a very similar build as mine, he attached his config.plis, do you think is safe to boot my system whith his file instead of my config.plist?
Safe ?
What do you have to lose ?
Just keep a copy of your current config.plist so that you can revert if required.

Frankly any lag that you are experiencing is much more likely to be caused by drivers/kexts than your config.plist.

Last edited:
Well @P1LGRIM kidpub's plist file didn't make any difference.... Going to sierra 10.2
Thank you very much for being there.

:mad: So disappointed... fail on my first hackintosh

Hello to every one, this is my first thread so I hope somebody could help me.
I made my first hackintosh build directly into High Sierra following the many guides one could find in this wonderful community, I have all my devices recognized and working, except que the system feels laggy with slow graphics. Even when I try to see videos on YouTube they freeze a little.

My build is as follows:
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
- Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0 GHz
- Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX-950
- Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
- Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
- System definitions for iMac 14,2 (also tryed Mac Pro 6,1)
- Clover 4411 with native NVRAM

I have read and search enough before posting this, I used all the available solutions to the Nvidia web drivers: webdriver.sh from @vulgo and nvidia-update from @benjamin.dobell where not successful for me. Tried different versions of the drivers:
No one fixes the lag.

I installed the NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Lilu and Shiki kernel extensions with no changes.
I've been stuck on this for a week... so if I not find a solution I'm going to install Sierra 10.12.
Please HELP! I think i'm very close to get my first Hackintosh running perfectly.

@jAcL.uy
Check out these posts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...eak-on-high-sierra.233510/page-5#post-1702688
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/

These solved my issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back