Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z390-P
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Hi all,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I have recently updated my hack from El Capitan to High Sierra in order to update my audio software. The update was fairly successful, with everything working but the graphics. Using Google Chrome is often laggy and unresponsive, with windows hanging and jittering. Watching video is a lot more obvious, with clear frame drops every 4-5 seconds.

I have tried updating the Nvidia driver to the most recent one for High Sierra, and back to the one I have need recommended (.106) with little to no benefit. I have also tried working with the Default Mac OS driver with no changes.

Attached below is my EFI folder and config list. Any suggestions to optimise the build or cut out accidental rubbish is appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• DD EFI.zip
    26.1 MB · Views: 96
  • config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 122
Hi all,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I have recently updated my hack from El Capitan to High Sierra in order to update my audio software. The update was fairly successful, with everything working but the graphics. Using Google Chrome is often laggy and unresponsive, with windows hanging and jittering. Watching video is a lot more obvious, with clear frame drops every 4-5 seconds.

I have tried updating the Nvidia driver to the most recent one for High Sierra, and back to the one I have need recommended (.106) with little to no benefit. I have also tried working with the Default Mac OS driver with no changes.

Attached below is my EFI folder and config list. Any suggestions to optimise the build or cut out accidental rubbish is appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

AFAIR, I had no problem with HS using GTX 770 and native MacOS drivers (never installed web drivers).

However I had those lags with GTX 1070 but this was solved with latest released of web drivers.

Maybe you can try lilu + whatevergreen to see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back