Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WiFi
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Seeking advice here..
I updated to 10.15.4 and now I have a really laggy screen/mouse. I assume some acceleration of my GPU has failed. On 10.15.3 it worked great.
Also, I'm no expert in the field of hackintoshing so there may be obvious reasons why this issue occurs.

SMBIOS 18,3
Clover r5107
Kexts are up to date
Z370 i5 8400
MSI Mech RX5700 XT (id 0x1002 0x731F)

Boot args:
kext-dev-mode=1​
uia_exclude=HS03;HS04;HS09;HS07;​
dart=0​
agdpmod=pikera​

Kexts in /library/Extensions:
AppleALC​
WhateverGreen​
Lilu​
FakeSMC​
FakePCIID_XHCIMux​
+default kexts...​

Kexts in Clover:
AppleALC​
FakeSMC​
Lilu​
USBInjectAll​

config.plst is attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 52
  • config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 57
Seeking advice here..
I updated to 10.15.4 and now I have a really laggy screen/mouse. I assume some acceleration of my GPU has failed. On 10.15.3 it worked great.
Also, I'm no expert in the field of hackintoshing so there may be obvious reasons why this issue occurs.

SMBIOS 18,3
Clover r5107
Kexts are up to date
Z370 i5 8400
MSI Mech RX5700 XT (id 0x1002 0x731F)

Boot args:
kext-dev-mode=1
uia_exclude=HS03;HS04;HS09;HS07;
dart=0
agdpmod=pikera

Kexts in /library/Extensions:
AppleALC
WhateverGreen
Lilu
FakeSMC
FakePCIID_XHCIMux
+default kexts...

Kexts in Clover:
AppleALC
FakeSMC
Lilu
USBInjectAll

config.plst is attached.

Thanks

Sapphire RX 5700 XT nitro+ SE works great on my side. However rx 580 is affected by this problem : very laggy at boot, after 2 minutes much better but huge folders like apps folder or dock remains laggy.

@driftwood86 : you are injecting Nvidia web drivers in your config.plist (system parameters), remove that. 3rd party kexts must be in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, in your config plist (system parameters), inject kexts must be yes. So move whatevergreen there and delete the one in /library/Extensions. Do not forget to rebuild cache.
Delete the other kext like lilu, fakesmc, applealc as they are already in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

EDIT : found the problem on my side, SMBIOS iMacpro1,1 is the culprit. Revert back to 14,2 and smooth again.

Last edited:
Sapphire RX 5700 XT nitro+ SE works great on my side. However rx 580 is affected by this problem : very laggy at boot, after 2 minutes much better but huge folders like apps folder or dock remains laggy.

@driftwood86 : you are injecting Nvidia web drivers in your config.plist (system parameters), remove that. 3rd party kexts must be in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, in your config plist (system parameters), inject kexts must be yes. So move whatevergreen there and delete the one in /library/Extensions. Do not forget to rebuild cache.
Delete the other kext like lilu, fakesmc, applealc as they are already in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

EDIT : found the problem on my side, SMBIOS iMacpro1,1 is the culprit. Revert back to 14,2 and smooth again.
I am not using the iMac Pro SMBIOS. I have the 5700XT on my Z390 build. I dont want to use the 14,2 SMBIOS. I use the iMac 2019 SMBIOS. It matches my hardware. I reverted back to 10.15.3. and everything is back to normal. It looks like a graphics driver issue. On 10.15.4 before rebooting the dock remains on the screen frozen until reboot. Very poor update

I am not using the iMac Pro SMBIOS. I have the 5700XT on my Z390 build. I dont want to use the 14,2 SMBIOS. I use the iMac 2019 SMBIOS. It matches my hardware. I reverted back to 10.15.3. and everything is back to normal. It looks like a graphics driver issue. On 10.15.4 before rebooting the dock remains on the screen frozen until reboot. Very poor update

Yes this is a poor update in terms of graphic drivers. I do not know if it is related to SMBIOS or IGPU or WHATEVERGREEN problem. 14,2 is not matching my 3770k, but it worked. The difference between iMacpro1,1 and 14,2 is that I am using igpu on 14,2. Maybe it is related or not.

driftwood86 is using 18,3 and should use 19,2 as per his specs. Maybe he can try that...

Yes this is a poor update in terms of graphic drivers. I do not know if it is related to SMBIOS or IGPU or WHATEVERGREEN problem. 14,2 is not matching my 3770k, but it worked. The difference between iMacpro1,1 and 14,2 is that I am using igpu on 14,2. Maybe it is related or not.

driftwood86 is using 18,3 and should use 19,2 as per his specs. Maybe he can try that...
It might work. The thing is that I am using the iMac 19,1 SMBIOS with iGPU and have the same issue. I think ill just wait until the next update. Thanks for the tips

Have a look at your CPU multiplier. It might be CPU related, not GPU related. I am running the iMac Pro profile with a 5700 XT. I thought it was GPU related but noticed tasks in general were slow, HWMonitor showed my CPU was running at 8X multiplier instead of my usual 44X overclock. I managed to boot once with it back to 44X multiplier but never could repeat it. Luck of the boot I guess. Have a feeling this is a clover issue not reporting the correct cpu to the OS. I don't run a ssdt.. Have always just let clover handle everything.

Last edited:
Have a look at your CPU multiplier. It might be CPU related, not GPU related. I am running the iMac Pro profile with a 5700 XT. I thought it was GPU related but noticed tasks in general were slow, HWMonitor showed my CPU was running at 8X multiplier instead of my usual 44X overclock. I managed to boot once with it back to 44X multiplier but never could repeat it. Luck of the boot I guess. Have a feeling this is a clover issue not reporting the correct cpu to the OS. I don't run a sdst.. Have always just let clover handle everything.

I'm going to try that. You might be on to something. Is your card working fine then?

I'm going to try that. You might be on to something. Is your card working fine then?

Yes. The card works but the lack of cpu processing makes everything seem slow. I have to look into it more, shortly.

Yes. The card works but the lack of cpu processing makes everything seem slow. I have to look into it more, shortly.
Keep us posted. My CPU is quite different from yours but I am curious to see if you can get it working. It might just be that a clover update will fix it. What about installing an older version of clover? Say 5103? I had to install 5107 in order to update to 10.15.4 or it would get stuck after booting to the install partition.

The funny thing is that I have 5107 installed now with 10.15.3 and everything is working fine. I would like to update to 10.15.4 but with the lag like that its completely unusable.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back