Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 740
Hey all!
I have recently built my new rig running the latest version of El Capitan. After going through all of the post installation, everything has been working flawlessly; however, I have recently attempted to plug in my Lacie external hard drive into the USB 3 port to transfer some files from my previous computer, and it is not recognized. The white status light turns on, but it does not flicker like usual. I tried plugging in other flash drives, and they all work. I plugged in my external hard drive into another computer and that works.

My hackintosh won't recognize this external hard drive. Why is that? Especially since it can recognize all other USB drives.

I'm having the exact same issue. My external Hard Drive works fine with other computers, but not on my hackintosh. Also, my USB ports are working just fine with flash drives.

Same problem here, except under 10.12 and with a WD HDD. The drive does not mount, does not appear in Finder, does not appear in diskutil, or in the system inspector. Port choice does not matter. But, I can get OS X to display a "needs power" notification if I try to connect it to the USB port on my Apple keyboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back