Contribute
Register

KP when attempting to upgrade to 10.15.4 from 10.15.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it didn't. It only fixed the random kernel panics I was getting during sleep/wake. In the meantime, I've also tried unsuccessfully setting the correct type id's and various bus id combinations for the connectors and patching the Framebuffer info. None of which helped. When I hot plug either HDMI or DVI, when the other monitor is already on, I don't see any change in Hacktool or IOReg. So the second monitor is not being recognized at all.

Didn't work any workarounds to get rid of "IOConsoleUsers gIOScreenLockState 3". I reinstalled 10.15.3.

Reviving this thread for anyone who uses the HD 4600 for integrated graphics and has multiple monitors (in my case 3 monitors with a DVI, DP, and HDMI connection). I was stuck at 10.15.3 since I ran into the KP problems (IOConsoleUsers gIOScreenLockState 3) trying to upgrade. I decided to bite the bullet and see what would happen if I tried a fresh install of 11.0.1 using OpenCore 0.6.3.

Well all 3 monitors are supported and work fine. Not sure if I tried a fresh install of 10.15.7 I would have had success also, but I thought I would share this for anyone thinking of going to Big Sur.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.39.31 PM.png

Last edited:
That's interesting: Which systemdefinition were you using with that? I use iMac 14,2 and BS won't install there anyway.
However I managed to patch my monitors so they show full resolution with the backdraw that I have to unplug one of them if I reboot. The problem has something to do with the "built-in" display, which has its limitations. Can you go higher than 1920*1080? And what about sleep?

Just finished upgrading to 11.0.1 with OC 0.6.3 and both monitors are working again with HD4600. I'm using iMac 16,2. Haven't checked sleep and the resolution of the monitors I have is only 1920x1080...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back