Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I am trying to install from 10.11.6 on Asus X99-A but I get this panic when I try to enter the installation from clover. Any clues would be appreciated.

IMAG0205.jpg

Hey guys,

I am trying to install from 10.11.6 on Asus X99-A but I get this panic when I try to enter the installation from clover. Any clues would be appreciated.

View attachment 290563

• Did you mean you were using a MacOS High Sierra USB installer in UEFI mode to upgrade your existing 10.11.6 to a macOS High Sierra when you had the posted boot crash? [Expand your response if you need to clarify.]

• If you are booting a USB Installer Flash Disk, please upload the EFI folder from your current USB installer Flash disk as a Compressed file to this Forum to check its contents for any clues to the Crash.
  • This assumes you have not changed the BIOS setup options in any way to prevent the USB Installer to boot without problem
    • If in doubt, check the BIOS settings and if there are questions upload screen images from BIOS settings to the Forum.

The way I am trying to do it is with an existing backup I have from my currently running 10.11.6 version on an SSD plugged into a USB port. I updated Clover to the latest version, placed some Kext on "OTHER" folder and run the installation without APFS from the terminal. Once I restart the computer and select the installation on Clover home screen I get that KP.

It seems I was getting that because my SSD was plugged into a USB 3.0 port. It's not happening now on a 2.0.

I have now moved to another point where it loops:

com.apple.xpc.launchd pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

It seems I was getting that because my SSD was plugged into a USB 3.0 port. It's not happening now on a 2.0.

I have now moved to another point where it loops:

com.apple.xpc.launchd pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

The way I am trying to do it is with an existing backup I have from my currently running 10.11.6 version on an SSD plugged into a USB port. I updated Clover to the latest version, placed some Kext on "OTHER" folder and run the installation without APFS from the terminal. Once I restart the computer and select the installation on Clover home screen I get that KP.

Let me try to break your above message down the way I read:
  • You have made a back up (with what software is not mentioned) of your 10.11.6 in the Internal disk to an SSD connected via SATA to USB adapter [exact make and model unspecified] initially connected via USB 3.0 port to the computer.
  • You then updated the Clover EFI on that 10.11.6 System SSD to the latest Clover EFI Bootloader.
  • Then you edited the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder with "some kexts"
  • You then started to upgrade that 'modified external USB disk containing 10.11.6 with an updated Clover" and "some kexts' using downloaded High Sierra Installer from the application folder of the El Capitan on Internal Hard disk!
  • Then you got the "MACH Reboot" error
  • You then concluded #4:
Then you got another boot problem
I have now moved to another point where it loops:com.apple.xpc.launchd pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

If that is what has happened, my thoughts are:

• If you have Cloned your internal SATA hard disk containing 10.11.6 to an SSD through a SATA to USB connection instead of just copying, the contents of the target SSD will be identical to the source.
    • I assume that is what is meant by backup.
  • But then, you are trying to update an original Internal SSD System by making it an External USB disk which is inherently much slower and hard to install.
  • Even if it is eventually installed, it will run really slow and will be useless as a real High Sierra System disk that runs from a SATA Spin disk, SATA SSD or newer NVMe disks from the MoBo ports.
  • In a Forum like this where the readers trying to help have no direct control of the Input devices like keyboard or mouse or see the display on your Monitor screen, the only way to help is by getting exact information.
  • An error message paraphrased is a poor substitute for a screen shot. It conveys only what the poster thinks important and not necessarily what is displayed on the screen.

I am already running High Sierra. The second problem was having dual GPU. So I completely disconnected one of them and everything went fine.

Another problem I am having now is a continuous crash SystemUIServer quit unexpectedly.

It seems it was just an offending app up there in the top bar menu. :) Thanks for replying to my post mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back