Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I built this rig a while ago, and I'm trying to do a fresh Mountain Lion install

• GA-Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
  • i5-2500k 3.3 GHz
  • SAPPHIRE AMD RADEON HD 6870
  • Samsung 840 SSD (Windows 7)
  • Seagate HDD 3TB (Windows files)
  • Seagate HDD 1TB (Mac OS)

I've successfully installed OS X, but after doing MultiBeast I get a KP when I try to boot.
This is what I selected on MB

• UserDSDT (My mobo F2)
  • Audio Realtek ALC889 (w/ dsdt)
  • Disk 3rd party SATA
  • Misc NullCPUPowerManagement
  • Network Lnx2Mac Realtek
  • Customization 1080p Display
  • System Definitions for Mac Pro 5,1

Any ideas on how to solve or troubleshoot this? :beachball:

I have a similar board and I do not have nullcpupowermanagement. Not sure if that is what's throwing the error, but I would delete that, then repair permissions in MB. While you are in MB, you should also make use of the SSDT in order to get your cpu operating the way it should. I am also assuming that you have your DSDT properly located in the extra folder named dsdt.aml

My chameleon.Boot plist also has the following options:

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>

Good luck!

I have a similar board and I do not have nullcpupowermanagement. Not sure if that is what's throwing the error, but I would delete that, then repair permissions in MB. While you are in MB, you should also make use of the SSDT in order to get your cpu operating the way it should. I am also assuming that you have your DSDT properly located in the extra folder named dsdt.aml

My chameleon.Boot plist also has the following options:

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>

Good luck!

Thanks for the answer, but I still got no luck. Did delete nullcpu, ran MB, installed the SSDT, and my DSDT is on the extra folder.

Any idea of what else could it be?

Sorry for such a delay - I don't get around here too often. I'm not sure off the top of my head what it could be, it has been a long while since I did my install. I assume you can boot using the rboot disc or the unibeast USB drive as your bootloader? There were one or two BIOS tweaks that I also had to do but I can't recall them off the top of my head. Do a search for gigabyte z68xp BIOS settings and make sure yours match what they have. I believe unibeast and rboot discs work off of the easybeast type of install so they may overcome the "little" things.

I consider myself a user more than anyone that knows a lot, but perhaps if you post a log of the KP someone else can examine it. You also might consider trying to boot in safe mode (put -x in the bootloader options) I think I have a vague memory of a KP due to the 6870. Try typying GraphicsEnabler=No and see if you can boot. I believe there are files in MB for the 6870 - once those files are in place you should be able to successfully boot using GraphicsEnabler=Yes. If you still have problems, you can boot in verbose mode (-v) to see where the install is hanging up, this will give the resident pros more info, and give you something more specific to search for.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back