Graphics
HIS Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am posting from my ML installation which is working very well for me at the moment - as long as I boot from my other hard drive that has Lion on it.

I did a fresh install to a brand new SSD (firmware up to date and trim enabler selected from multi beast.) I installed chameleon from MultiBeast 5.0.2 onto the SSD and I used the same SSDT/DSDT as from my Lion installation. When I boot from the SSD I get about 5 minutes before there is a kernel panic. I checked the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and it is the same aside from order and my Lion install specifies 1920x1080x32 for video setting. When booting into ML from the HDD does it use the SSDT, DSDT, and boot.plist from the Lion folder, or does it look in the ML install? I don't know what the issue could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Further info / testing. I checked the chimera version and ML drive had 1.11 instead of 1.10 which I have on my Lion drive. I rolled chimera back to 1.10 on the ML drive but there was no difference. It is very frustrating. ANyone with some knowledge of what files are actually affected by the bootloader would be great.

Edited to add next diagnostic step - I booted into Lion using my SSD (ML drive) as the boot device and everything is working well. More and more confusing with everything I try.

Why not disconnect all drives except the ML and troubleshoot from there...

Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought of that for some reason. During testing, however, it didn't change anything.

I unplugged my Lion HD and had the same failure within minutes of booting up. I unplugged the SSD and then plugged it into the cable I had removed from my Lion HD to see if that would make a difference, but the result was the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back