Contribute
Register

KP During Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot in Safe Mode and either change your system definition to one that doesn't use ECC RAM or,

In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

Restart and boot without caches.

I removed the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, didn't stop the panic.

In the latest version of clover (r3811) "boot without caches" doesn't appear to be an option when you press spacebar.

I've been using system definition 6,1 since I built the machine without any issues in 10.9.5.

Included in my EFI folder was the VoodooTSCSync.kext for 4core cpus, if yours is a 6core you will need to chnage that.

Where would I find that?

I was able to get the installer to run, but I can't seem to get the actual OS to boot. I either get "panic cpu caller..." or "Waiting for remote debugger connection. KDP_poll: no debugger device"

I have a X79-UP4/3820/GTX 760(Bios F7) fully woking on ElCap & Sierra attached is my EFI Folder. hope you get sorted.
Using MacPro 6,1 fixed blacksceen error, think it still works on other system definitions.

Install Clover v3811 on the EFI Partition, copy contents of the zip file onto the EFI.
I can then boot a cloned system from my mac, only thing that does not work is audio, which is fixed by running
the audio clover script, (attached is the sierra version), and change the serial number.

My only issue is on Sierra the audio always defaults to the wrong port every boot, don't know how to fix that.

After several days of headache and frustration trying to update I finally got it working with your EFI folder after doing a clean install of 10.12. Thanks so much for sending this!

I think it was a patched kext file from my previous install that was causing the kernel panic. I was using a DMG post install utility from another website that was working well with Mavericks, but must have been causing my issues with the Sierra installer/OS.

Thats good, is your audio working?

Thats good, is your audio working?

I haven't tested the on board audio. I use an external interface that goes through a PCI firewire card, which is working fine. I'll test the built-in audio and get back to you on that.

I have a X79-UP4/3820/GTX 760(Bios F7) fully woking on ElCap & Sierra attached is my EFI Folder. hope you get sorted.
Using MacPro 6,1 fixed blacksceen error, think it still works on other system definitions.

Install Clover v3811 on the EFI Partition, copy contents of the zip file onto the EFI.
I can then boot a cloned system from my mac, only thing that does not work is audio, which is fixed by running
the audio clover script, (attached is the sierra version), and change the serial number.

My only issue is on Sierra the audio always defaults to the wrong port every boot, don't know how to fix that.

Thank you for sharing your EFI Sierra. They are the perfect fit to my X79-UP4.
For Audio fix, please use JD Apolo's fix. At least its works for me. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/315489-gigabyte-x79-up4-macos-sierra-success/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back