Contribute
Register

KP dell optiplex 7040 Q170 i7 6700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Q170 > Need make and full model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Intel HD 530
I have 10.13.1 on my system: dell optiplex 7040 Q170 i7 6700K.
I started upgrade to 10.13.2. I cannot pass KP

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform 6.1
AppleSmc 3.1.9

I use clover 4334
I created USB using Unibeast 8.1.0

I tried change config.plist following some other post. I cannot get to the installation. I need help. Please help!!!

Are your hackintosh related kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?

By hackintosh related kexts, I mean FakeSMC.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, etc.

Also, be sure to update to latest versions of FakeSMC.kext, Lilu.kext (and Lilu related kexts), as well as apfs.efi.

Are you saying that you were able to boot in to your existing installation using a UniBeast created USB flash drive?

I think, by default, MultiBeast installs most of the hackintosh related kexts to /Library/Extensions/.

Double check to make sure you have the latest FakeSMC and apfs.efi. Updating to latest Clover is also a good idea.

Double check to make sure you have the latest FakeSMC and apfs.efi. Updating to latest Clover is also a good idea.
IMG_1754.JPG

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 205

• The problem is , you have a failed upgrade.
  • I cannot pinpoint the exact cause that led to this issue.
  • The solution is to remove the "failed installer file" left behind as 'garbage' in the root of your System disk and then try a reinstallation.
  • While going for reinstallation make sure to the correctly pointed reminders by pastrychef
  • Putting all of the above, here are are my suggestions:
    • Reboot to your HS 10.13.1
    • Once on the desktop, Go to Finder>Preferences> [√]Hard disks [√]External Disks to show the icons of disks attached to your SATA and USB ports toward Right side of Desktop for easy access (if you have not already done this )
    • Install ShowAllFiles ( or you can go for terminal command) Download Now 77.1 KB .zip
    • Unzip and run ShowAllFiles > and click [Show] button of the popup. This is to unhide hidden folders and files in the System Disk (10.13.1)
    • Locate your High Sierra 10.13.1 System Disk (dark icon) on desktop
    • Click open 10.13.1 and beach and locate hidden folder "MacOS Install Data" Folder (or file) and Right click >Send To Trash " typing pass word if prompted.
    • Re-download 10.13.2 Update file
    • Follow all the steps in pastrychef post at #2
    • Start Installation
    • On first reboot press the hotkey to get the Screen to "Select Boot Disk" of your HP Computer ( in Gigabyte Motherboard this is F-12)
    • Select the Hard disk where you had installed 10.13.1 and enter to get into Clover Boot Manager(CBM ) screen
    • Now you go to the "MacOS Installer" to boot.
    • Repeat the above step until you find the MacOS System Disk and Recovery Disk as the only icons in CBM screen ( the installer icon should be cleaned up in successful installation)
    • Boot the macOS High Sierra System Disk >logins screen>desktop> Apple>About This Mac>Overview to see macOS High Sierra Version
    • AppStore>Updates>Check Updates> make sure "No Updates Available":Installed Update 10.13.2.

Let start from very beginning...
I installed brand new drive.
I created brand new USB with 10.13.3 using UNIBEAT.
I get the same KP as is in the picture.
If you take a closer look on the picture you see that KP is very early on stumbles on ACPI.

Need HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back