Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo W510 4319RU
CPU
i7
Graphics
FX 880M, 1972X1080
[SOLVED] Yosemite KP on Lenovo W510 / Install guide

I got the Yosemite installer to boot and run on my Lenovo W510, however...

After the installer finishes and reboots I am getting a panic no matter what I try.

This is not my first hackintosh, but the screen is not giving me any clues as to what's wrong.
Suggestions?

IMG_20141018_154345921_HDR.jpg

EDIT:
As noted in post #11 of this thread, this issue turned out to be a bad initial install. Most everything is working now. I will document here the process/options/kexts I used to get things working.

Lenovo W510 model 4319RU, Corei7/2.67GHz/M620, discrete NVIDIA Quadro FX880M graphics, Chipset: Intel ID0044 Southbridge ID3B07

I have a patched BIOS that removed the whitelist restriction and have an Azurewave AW-C123H WIFI/BT combo card installed (BCM4352 & BCM20702).

Start with the basic things in BIOS. Set SATA to AHCI, disable VT-d

Boot from the Unibeast/Yosemite USB drive (use the USB port on the rear of the machine, the side USB3 ports will not work for the install) and at the boot screen use GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Install as per standard instructions from TonyMacx86.com.
After the install is complete again boot from the USB drive, select your new install and remember to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Once the basic setup is complete, run Multibeast for Yosemite and select the following options:

To be continued...

Last edited:
I got the Yosemite installer to boot and run on my Lenovo W510, however...

After the installer finishes and reboots I am getting a panic no matter what I try.

This is not my first hackintosh, but the screen is not giving me any clues as to what's wrong.
Suggestions?

View attachment 107719

Only nvidia or nvidia + Intel?

Only nvidia or nvidia + Intel?
It has discrete NVIDIA graphics, that is what I am using. I looked in the BIOS and I do not see an option to switch to Intel.

It has discrete NVIDIA graphics, that is what I am using. I looked in the BIOS and I do not see an option to switch to Intel.

Sorry, don't know much about nvidia config. Maybe someone else will chime in.

So you are thinking it's graphics related?
You actually helped me get Mavericks running on this very same laptop.
Never had any issues with the NVIDIA graphics there, just needed GraphicsEnabler=Yes at boot.

So you are thinking it's graphics related?
You actually helped me get Mavericks running on this very same laptop.
Never had any issues with the NVIDIA graphics there, just needed GraphicsEnabler=Yes at boot.

You sure it wasn't GraphicsEnabler=No? No seems more appropriate for your series nvidia.

In the past, without GraphicsEnabler=Yes all I would get was a black screen after the initial grey apple logo screen. It was that way with SL and Mavericks. =YES corrected that issue.
I tried =No just now with multiple combinations (-x -f etc.) and every time In get the same result as in the original post.

EDIT:
I will add, I even have to use =Yes when booting from the USB Install drive as well. Otherwise, black screen.

Last edited:
In the past, without GraphicsEnabler=Yes all I would get was a black screen after the initial grey apple logo screen. It was that way with SL and Mavericks. =YES corrected that issue.
I tried =No just now with multiple combinations (-x -f etc.) and every time In get the same result as in the original post.

You're probably right. Maybe Quadro numbering scheme has nothing to do with Geforce numbering scheme. And I don't have any nvidia hardware with no plans to purchase any (intel integrated is fine for my purpose).

You might try a different smbios... one that has nvidia.

You might try a different smbios... one that has nvidia.
How do I do that if I cannot get past the KP? Can I change that by booting from the installer USB drive?

How do I do that if I cannot get past the KP? Can I change that by booting from the installer USB drive?

Put the USB into a working Mac. Edit the /Extra/smbios.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back