Contribute
Register

KNNSpeed's Build: DZ77RE-75K - Core i7-2600k - XFX 5670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that just means you need to update FakeSMC for Yosemite via the new MultiBeast. You'll need to boot your system using a new/update UniBeast USB drive one of three ways:

1) You can try making a Yosemite UniBeast USB drive and selecting your OS X install from that USB stick's bootloader. If this works, you can then just run the new MultiBeast and install the new FakeSMC.

2) If the above doesn't work, you need to get a 16GB USB stick (at least--USB hard drives would work better/faster) and install an entire OS X install to that USB stick (basically making a "portable" OS X install). You'd then need to boot to that "portable OS X" on your target Hackintosh and run MultiBeast from that portable stick, making sure to point the MultiBeast installer to your unbootable Hackintosh (instead of installing the MultiBeast stuff to the USB drive) so that it installs the updated FakeSMC to your unbootable Hackintosh.

3) You could also just remove the hard drive from your unbootable install, put it in a USB enclosure, and plug it into a real Mac. Then do the same thing as #2 from your real Mac instead of a uSB stick, making sure to direct the MultiBeast installer to your USB-enclosed Hackintosh drive (or else you could kill your real Mac's OS).

Your suggestion above worked and I was able to get my Hackintosh running with the Chimera bootloader.

The iMessage problem where the Apple ID won't log in has popped up again and I've heard that the current solution of adding the FileNVRAM won't work.

The only other way of being able to sign into an Apple ID would be through Clover so I'm wondering if you plan to update the thread to have a Clover install guide.

I can't say for certain right now since I won't be able to do anything until December.

What I can say is that I'll likely try to get everything working with what is currently being used and won't switch to Clover unless absolutely necessary (or I find out about some killer feature that Clover has that Chimera doesn't).

I had no problem getting Yosemite up and running. It was pretty flawless, actually. I had no trouble with FakeSMC. Audio is working, bluetooth....etc.

My only problem is the Wifi. I've done the installation process (I'm doing a clean install), but am having problems getting it working. On my Mavericks installation, Bear Extender along with the RT2870 drivers work just fine....not so much here. The dongle shows up, as usual, but it's not detected in the network.

Anybody else having problems with this?

Without being able to test it myself, I'd think we'd need an updated driver from the vendor--similar things happened going from ML --> Mavericks IIRC. Other than that I can't really do much for a while. :/

Although this thread hasn't been posted in in months, I would still like to say that I updated to 10.10.2 without any problems.

Reinstalled:
  • Audio
  • IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Good to hear it still works! :D

It seems my ETA for updates of December was too optimistic.
I have a week in March that I may be able to update during, though I'm worried that just a week won't be enough time given how full OS upgrades can sometimes go on Hackintoshes.

On the other hand, after that little time window I don't even know if I'll have a chance to do anything until this December... :crazy:

Two issues wih the upgrade to 10.10.2 for me.

With kernelcache enabled, my boot screen would hang and I'd have the "waiting on root" line when viewings verbose. Disabling that fixed that problem.

Second....ALC 898 codec doesn't seem to be working for me. Not an uncommon problem as a lot of people aren't having any sound from that with the newest Multibeast. Are you having difficulty with it woktov? Any solution?

Solved my wifi problem and just bought a powerline adapter. Works great!

Second....ALC 898 codec doesn't seem to be working for me. Not an uncommon problem as a lot of people aren't having any sound from that with the newest Multibeast. Are you having difficulty with it woktov? Any solution?

Sorry I am not able to provide a solution as the ALC 898 codec works fine for me.

You might find a solution on the audio board.

How were you guys able to go from Mavericks to Yosemite so easily? The weird reboot-preventing issues are stopping the installer from running...

Did you go from 10.9.5 to Yosemite or from 10.9.3?
EDIT: Ne'ermind. I think the 10.9.5 update is in the way, so I'm doing that now.

So, already I had to do this to go from 10.9.3 to 10.9.5:
It forced my system to reboot to finish, and then I was greeted with, my favorite, the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext kernel panic.

So then I booted my special USB install [see previous page], which was created per the instructions above, and loaded up MultiBeast 6.3 on that (it was kinda slow, but that's because I was using a USB 2.0 flash drive). I installed the Patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement to the main hackintosh drive, not the flash drive, and I could now reboot into my main mackintosh system (YAY!! :D).

EDIT 2: Nope, no dice. Trying the ever-roundabout Mac-on-a-stick external installation method...

EDIT 3: Made a new UniBeast flashdrive and will use that to upgrade the existing install. It seems to be working.

EDIT 4: YAY IT WORKS!!! (Though I had to do the process referenced in the quote above AGAIN after the UniBeast drive installed Yosemite. Good thing I made a UniBeast stick with a different flashdrive!)

I've also had to disable UseKernelCache, as per Gatorman above:
Gatorman said:
With kernelcache enabled, my boot screen would hang and I'd have the "waiting on root" line when viewings verbose. Disabling that fixed that problem.

So, in summary:

1. Download the latest Yosemite MultiBeast to Mavericks, and update FakeSMC.
  2. Install Yosemite over Mavericks via UniBeast USB install. Upon reboot, use the "Hackintosh on a stick" to run MultiBeast and install the Patched 10.9.0 AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement.kext to your OS X hard drive. While you're at, edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist to set "UseKernelCache" to "No".
  3. Reboot; Run MultiBeast again and install AHCI_3rd_Party_SATA and hnak's ethernet driver (latest version; 3.1.0a at this time)
  4. DELETE "GenericUSBXHCI.kext", "VoodooPS2Controller.kext", and "AHCI_3rd_Party_eSATA.kext" (feel free to delete the other 3rd Party SATA kext if you want eSATA instead of internal SATA)
  5. Reboot, and rejoice in that the system will ACTUALLY REBOOT PROPERLY NOW!!!!!! Nope...
  6. Welcome to Yosemite, where Audio doesn't work (except for Airplay Audio! That looks like it works; maybe bluetooth audio does, too?), Speedstep no longer works, and your Hack fails iCloud verification (so no apps work).
EDIT 5:
Got iCloud and apps to work again!

What I needed to do was delete these from Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration:
External website that I can't link to or else the spam filter gets mad said:

• [*=left]Com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
    [*=left]Com.apple.eapolclient.configuration.plist
    [*=left]NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • Remove the folder CaptiveNetworkSupport
Now open System Preferences > Networking and remove all your network interfaces using the minus button.

Reboot your machine and add the interfaces back using the plus button. Make sure you add your ethernet interface first. You should only have to add back ethernet/wifi and VPN interfaces. [My ethernet automatically was re-added, but I had to add everything else back.]

Now check your interfaces with ifconfig again. Your ethernet card should now register as en0.

So all that remains is audio and SpeedStep.

I'm using bluetooth speakers for now because I happen to have a bluetooth audio receiver plugged into my computer's sound system for iPods and such, and it's sitting a foot away from the bluetooth module. I know this is a really inconvenient workaround, but it's all I can do currently (it actually works pretty well). Airplay speakers look like they'd work, too.

SpeedStep seems to work between 2 modes, 1.6GHz and 3.5GHz, so at least the CPU can perform at maximum and at an idle state. I thought I saw it at 2.4GHz once, but that might have been something else. Either way, I can live with that. It works. (Though I wonder if using an SSDT would fix this...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back