Contribute
Register

KNNSpeed's Build: DZ77RE-75K - Core i7-2600k - XFX 5670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody struggling with AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement? It always seems to be causing a kernel panic, unless I install the "null" kext. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

AsusAICPUPM=Yes

Has anybody tried the OS X 10.11 update with clover yet?

I did earlier this week. Used UEFI. Everything works fine if you run the guide.

I had to additionally install NullCPUPowerManagement kext from Yosemite Multibeast...but that was the only additional thing. Haven't tried out sound yet, though it works with my 24" Cinema Display, so I haven't been too adventureous yet. Also, my optical drive isn't showing up, but I suspect that's due to the fact that I haven't installed the kext for it.

The one big challenge I am having is getting Win 10 and OS X to dual boot through UEFI on the same hard drive. Striking out with that so far. Got close, but every time I'd boot into windows, it'd default to Windows BOot Manager and erase Clover as the default boot loader. Baby steps, I guess.

OTher than that, everything else works as it should with no hoops to jump through: Sleep, wake, imessage, etc. All work natively and great!

Correction:

I ended up not needing to install NULLCPUPowerManagement. Not sure why it was acting "quirky" in the first place. Works fine now. Was able to install Windows and El Capitan UEFI to dual boot. Have to do a little tweaking, as after I boot windows and "restart", windows boot manager deletes Clover.

Once I get it up and running fully, I"ll post directions...if anyone is interested.

Correction:

I ended up not needing to install NULLCPUPowerManagement. Not sure why it was acting "quirky" in the first place. Works fine now. Was able to install Windows and El Capitan UEFI to dual boot. Have to do a little tweaking, as after I boot windows and "restart", windows boot manager deletes Clover.

Once I get it up and running fully, I"ll post directions...if anyone is interested.

I would like to try a Windows dual boot for the first time and am wondering how/what method you used.

I would like to try a Windows dual boot for the first time and am wondering how/what method you used.
See MultiBooting forum section for more information on dual booting Windoze and OS X.

I did earlier this week. Used UEFI. Everything works fine if you run the guide...

...OTher than that, everything else works as it should with no hoops to jump through: Sleep, wake, imessage, etc. All work natively and great!

I am going to try a Clover El Chapitan update to my current Unibeast Yosemite install and just want to confirm that you used a ​Intel DZ77RE-75K motherboard.

Anyone try a Sierra update? I'm struggling with it.

Correction:

NullCPUPowermanagement is never needed with Clover. Your board has Z77 chipset which is native.

Anyone try a Sierra update? I'm struggling with it.

Attach Clover folder removing Themes ZIP Attach along with a screenshot of verbose mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back