Contribute
Register

Kiwi's Next Project - iMac G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbg

Hey guys!

Im searching for the arduino libraries for this project. Do anyone has it maybe?

regards
dbg

Motherboard
Z68MX-UD2H-B3, DQ77KB, NUC DC53427HYE, NUC D54250WYKH
CPU
i5-2500K, i3-3225, i7-3770S
Graphics
HD 3000, HD 4000, HD 5000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
H81M-HD3
CPU
I3 4330
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey kiwi,

I tried to attempt this myself, but am failing so far. The G5 I got had a broken psu, which I ended up making worse by blowing something up, and now it is pretty much unusable. I was however, able to make it work using an atx psu and an older ibook psu rated at 24.5 v. So I did the hdmi conversion and I ended up blowing up the inverter because it didnt like me using my bench psu to slowly bring the voltage up. So I bought a new one, but if I did the hdmi mod right, wouldnt I be able to see the image on the screen? I see nothing and I know the screen works. I guess now I'm just going to wait until I get my new inverter and try it using the imac logic board to turn it on like I did before. If you have any ideas on what went wrong or what I should check, your help would be appreciated. I did check for connection on my connector and everything seemed to be soldered well and connecting, so I'm not sure what I did, but I did something wrong.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.