Asus Z97-P
CPU
i3
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi ppl

After giving up on Nvidia for compatible Mojave-drivers I decided to buy a recommended gfx-card for Hackintoshes. Got me the Sapphire Raden RX580 8GB. Removed the old nvidia-drivers and installed the RX580. System information identifies the card as 'Radeon RX 580, 8192MB" and is Metal-compatible.

The rest of my computer specs are:
  • Z97-P ASUS mobo
  • Intel Core i3 3.5GHz
  • 4GB RAM
  • 240GB SSD with trim enabled
  • 2 displays, one in HDMI and the other DVI
SSD partitioned to 140GB for Hackintosh (Mojave 10.14.3) and the rest for dualbooting Linux Mint 19. Clover is the bootloader. Everything is run from the same SSD.

Hackintosh works good, boots with the apple logo etc. Youtube etc run great with fullscreen. But the problem comes when trying to play XCOM2. The in-game video settings are set to minimal. Movement in the game is jerky, even pulling up the in-game menu takes a couple of seconds. When I boot into Linux and run the game, I can use the in-game video settings at maximum and the game plays sooooo smooth.

I've been pulling my hair and reading through the forums, searching, reading but haven't found anything which might solve the problem. Any help where to start or perhaps better search words to use? It just can't be so that Mac is so much more demanding than Linux?

Last edited:
Okay in case anyone wonders, this seems to be an XCOM2-problem only on my setup. Fortnite, CS:GO etc run smoothly on my Mojave.

Okay in case anyone wonders, this seems to be an XCOM2-problem only on my setup. Fortnite, CS:GO etc run smoothly on my Mojave.

How many FPS do you achieve on high settings in CSGO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back