Contribute
Register

Kicking off my first build and excited by this community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all,

Firstly: I really appreciate the patience and replies this community has shown with every new member: it's so great to see.

Like many others, I'm planning my first hackintosh and could not be more excited. I did a bit of reading on some parts and have made a list based on the guide. Wanted a little more handholding before I go forth:

My build is:

CPU COOLING - NZXT Kraken X52
MOTHERBOARD - MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
GPU(GRAPHICS) - EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming Black Edition
CPU - Intel Core i5-8400 6-Core 2.8 GHz
POWER SUPPLIES - Seasonic Focus Plus 650W Gold
RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ 3000 Mhz 16GB (2 x 8GB)
STORAGE - SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB
NZXT USB Expansion
Kraken X52 CPU Cooler

On some reading i realized that the motherboard has an Intel WiFi Chipset.

My questions are:

1. Is there anything special I need to be aware of in this build?
2. Is any major part incompatible, requiring me to hold off on this build?
3. What's my best solution for Wifi? (I'm not near an ethernet port)
4. Would the CPU Cooler be supported?
5. What hard drive should i buy to set mac os on?

I commit to writing a detailed guide to support future community members with this setup!

Thanks all!

Not sure if it's OK to bump but I wanted to add that I did do a bunch of reading and see that most of these items are compatible. My concerns are with the CPU cooler and the RAM.

Any help would be great!

Not sure if it's OK to bump but I wanted to add that I did do a bunch of reading and see that most of these items are compatible. My concerns are with the CPU cooler and the RAM.

Any help would be great!

If your CPU cooler is compatible with socket 115x then it should be compatible with your motherboard and CPU. Running Windows or MacOS is not relevant.

The RAM should work but if you worry you should check the RAM compatibility list provided by the motherboard manufacturer.

If your CPU cooler is compatible with socket 115x then it should be compatible with your motherboard and CPU. Running Windows or MacOS is not relevant.

The RAM should work but if you worry you should check the RAM compatibility list provided by the motherboard manufacturer.
Thank you so much!

Would you have any suggestions for WiFi since it looks like the motherboard has an Intel WiFi chipset which is not compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back