6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi everyone, i just bought a new keyboard for my hackintosh which is dual booted with windows 7. in windows my keyboard works perfectly as expected, but in os x mavericks the tab, shift, windows, and alt key do no work at all and the ctrl key works a shift. everything else seems fine. is this just a setting that can be changed. i've tried different input options from the menu that come up when it asks for you to push the two buttons beside the shift keys. any help would be very much appreciated thanks.

Go to the System Preferences and tell the Keyboard tab what keyboard you are using. You can try out different keyboards by clicking the + and choosing a different keyboard.

Also/ when you installed the OS, did you set the keyboard when it asked you to press the key "to the left of the spacebar" etc...?

I have tried the different keyboards in "settings" but none of them affect the control and alt keys, or the windows button. They pretty much all have the same layout for the basic Qwerty keys but they don't show the bottom row where the space bar and other keys are.

Is there a kext I am missing that I need to add? I've tried installing the PS2/USB kext from Multibeast but that doesn't appear to add anything extra either.

Thanks.

I have tried the different keyboards in "settings" but none of them affect the control and alt keys, or the windows button. They pretty much all have the same layout for the basic Qwerty keys but they don't show the bottom row where the space bar and other keys are.

Is there a kext I am missing that I need to add? I've tried installing the PS2/USB kext from Multibeast but that doesn't appear to add anything extra either.

Thanks.

we pretty much have the same problem..i am using a cougar 200k keyboard and none of the shift,windows key,alt are working..only ctrl which has a shift function..is your problem solved yet?

Hi,

Having the same issue with my escape key. I remember there was an issue when I installed where it asked about my keyboard but there was some issue. All of the keyboard layouts only include the number row with the tilde being the top most left key. I'm looking into this more and will let you know if I find anything out. Please do the same, and any suggestions are welcome.

we pretty much have the same problem..i am using a cougar 200k keyboard and none of the shift,windows key,alt are working..only ctrl which has a shift function..is your problem solved yet?
same problem here, I fixed this on linux using https://bitbucket.org/Swoogan/aziokbd
but now on OS X my control works as shift and all the other keys are not being detected
anyone can help us with this? thanks

Hey guys,

If you can't get it working any other way, there's a completely free utility called Karabiner that may help. I use it to swap the Alt and Windows keys on my Das Keyboard 4 so that they match the positions on an Apple keyboard. I don't know if it will solve your particular problem, but it's worth a try.

https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/

PHP:
Thanks, but the keys are not even being registered by the OS , so it is not possible to remap them.

Thanks, but the keys are not even being registered by the OS , so it is not possible to remap them.

i also have this keyboard the Cougar 200k and its not working properly on other OS'es like linux and mac but works perfectly fine on windows. i dont like to switch keyboard just becuase of my hackintosh.

I have the same issue on a new keyboard i just bought.. Is there any solution for this yet? otherwise i will have to return it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back