Contribute
Register

Keyboard settings (Input Menu) lost after reboot (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
2x RX 580
I've upgraded my Mavericks Hackintosh System with Unibeast and Multibeast successfully to a Yosemite beast. I'm happy with the result so far, except for one glitch: even if I change the Input Source menu to another keyboard setting, this setting is lost after my next reboot. So I have to manually change to the correct keyboard again and again.
Any help or hints are very appreciated....

Ever since I updated to Yosemite I have the exact same problem. Very annoying! :(

Anyone has any idea?

Same here... has anyone found a solution ?

Trash the /Library/Preferences/com.apple.HIToolbox.plist and the user/Library/Preferences/com.apple.HIToolbox.plist files, restart

Thank you but this didn't solve the problem.
It is even worse.
Before I lost my keyboard settings after maybe fifth restart, now I loose it after each restart.

After I set the keyboards back (english and slovak for the input menu), this file is recreated: user/Library/Preferences/com.apple.HIToolbox.plist

but this one is not:
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.HIToolbox.plist

If I copy the file from
user/Library to Library (so I have both of them like before) it doesn't help eigther.
I did the repair permissions.
I never had any problem like this on Lion or Mavericks hackintosh before :(

I've upgraded my Mavericks Hackintosh System with Unibeast and Multibeast successfully to a Yosemite beast. I'm happy with the result so far, except for one glitch: even if I change the Input Source menu to another keyboard setting, this setting is lost after my next reboot. So I have to manually change to the correct keyboard again and again.
Any help or hints are very appreciated....

I have the same problem. I already happened to me in some previous version of OSX and have solved it somehow, but unfortunatelly I don't remember the solution as with a Hackintosh there are so many issues that it is hard to remember all the solutions ...

So I will be happy for a solution ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back