Contribute
Register

keyboard problem after sleep, "b" repeat if out of focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this to be related to this: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=55192&p=344954#p344954

Trackpad acting weird after sleep sometimes in main menu. Found out by having textedit open. Every time trackpad acts funny I also notice a "b" appearing in textedit. So this bug affects both keyboard and mouse.

Pretty much a mac noob so not sure what can be done with this info. Is it an option to have a script press esc after every sleep? Would solve both issues at the same time.

Not everyone has this so perhaps time to compare specs? this is my setup:
hardware: i3, no ati card, 4GB
Bios: f20
installer used :3.3.0

Good news :) Found the old solution that works:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/general ... ke-up.html

Tried, and the annoying sleep/wakeup "bbbbbbbb"-ees are gone. And the first real key-press is no longer lost :D

If you would like to test, the ApplePS2Controller kext with the fix is attached. To install, you need to:
0) Make a backup copy of your existing /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext
1) Move /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext to trash (admin access required)
2) Place the new kext on Desktop and install it with KextBeast
3) Restart
4) Open TextEdit or Terminal or Safari/Mozilla, leave it in focus and test sleep/wakeup; test if the first key pressed registers OK.

I will send the patched source code to blueking, so hopefully, if things test out all right, he will include the patch to his keyboard remapping project.

Attachments

• ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip
    117.3 KB · Views: 137
thx mac4mat, it was annoying that "bbbbbbbb" thing now is gone.

Whats different in that kext from original one?

Seems to work fine, thx! can this be included in next installer?

Reinstalled and again it works. Hope this makes it to the next installer update. Is that possible Blueking?

tegezee said:
After installing this it remapped my f1 through f12 keys and the insert key now works as launchpad, f11 opens itunes and the fn button does work anymore. It doesn't bother me that much but I need my show desktop button.
Keyboard is remapped according to the new layout for HP ProBook, see:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=54816&start=30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back