Contribute
Register

Keyboard not recognized when installing El Capitan w/ Unibeast 6.1 USB installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
EVGA X58 sli classified
CPU
I7-920
Graphics
EVGA nVidia GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I currently have a working system on Yosemite, no issues at all. iMessage, appstore, sound all work. I have an Evga x58 sli3 classified MB, model 141-BL-E760-A1 w/ 12 GB of ram, nVidia GTX 680 graphics card, 120 GB Vertex3 ssd, and a 1TB seagate HDD along with a 750GB HDD Time Machine for backup.

I am using Clover v3320 bootloader. Original Yosemite install using Unibeast 6.0.1 with clover v3292.

I have upgraded yosemite to el capitan and when I reboot I have no access to enter anything from any of my keyboards. I have tried 3 different USB keyboards in each of the USB ports as well as a ps2 keyboard, but nothing is recognized, so I can't get past the login in screen. I have the same issue when doing a new install using Unibeast 6.1 and el capitan. I have tried other USB clover installers and utilities and the same issues occur - keyboards not being recognized. Another user has a similar MB, the LE edition with no USB issues. I have tried various settings when I boot up with clover, but nothing has worked so far.

Anyone run across this problem? I have read troubleshooting USB issues on this website but not sure how to rename/inject new USB data on the USB installer. See attached files (2).

Attachments

• current macHDD config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Doug’s iMac IOService Root Report.ioreg
    8.7 MB · Views: 146
YAY!!! System is now working with all components being recognized with the exception of my add-on pci-e 2.0 to dual port USB3 card. iMessage, Appstore all working. All I had to do was change the definition in my DSDT.aml file for the usb in a few places from EHC1 to EH01 and EHC1 to EH02 and was able to new install El Capitan 10.11.1 using Unibeast 6.1 legacy mode. Keyboard access worked great and was able to login to El Capitan, which I could not do before. This solved my USB issues. Will list details as soon as usb3 is working. Thank you to all who post in the Forum and of course... tonymacx86.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back