Contribute
Register

Keyboard backlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• debug_10189.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 55
The last time I was guided by another guide, the temperature was on average 35 degrees.

The last time I was guided by another guide, the temperature was on average 35 degrees.

Did you compare to Windows yet, as I suggested?

Did you compare to Windows yet, as I suggested?
While Live CD Windows is preparing, can I ask you what each of these patches are responsible for? My build from GitHub collects the necessary patches in one. when I deleted the igpu my graphics got better, is it possible that some of these patches do not work correctly as a result of which the CPU temperature is high?

These patches are used for my build, I cleared the string with the SSDT-IGPU. Link
// SSDT for Zenbook UX430 (Kabylake-R)

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "ux430klr", 0)
{
#define NO_DEFINITIONBLOCK

// audio
#include "include/SSDT-AppleALC.dsl"
#include "include/layout13_HDEF.asl"

// battery
#include "include/SSDT-BATT.dsl"

// keyboard backlight/fn keys/als
#include "include/SSDT-ATK-KABY.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-RALS.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-ALSC.dsl"

// backlight
#include "include/SSDT-PNLF.dsl"

// disable DGPU
#include "include/SSDT-RP01_PEGP.dsl"

// usb
#include "include/SSDT-XHC.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-USBX.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-UIAC-UX430-KABYR.dsl"

// others
#include "include/SSDT-HACK.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-LPC.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-IGPU.dsl"
}

While Live CD Windows is preparing, can I ask you what each of these patches are responsible for? My build from GitHub collects the necessary patches in one. when I deleted the igpu my graphics got better, is it possible that some of these patches do not work correctly as a result of which the CPU temperature is high?

These patches are used for my build, I cleared the string with the SSDT-IGPU. Link
// SSDT for Zenbook UX430 (Kabylake-R)

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "ux430klr", 0)
{
#define NO_DEFINITIONBLOCK

// audio
#include "include/SSDT-AppleALC.dsl"
#include "include/layout13_HDEF.asl"

// battery
#include "include/SSDT-BATT.dsl"

// keyboard backlight/fn keys/als
#include "include/SSDT-ATK-KABY.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-RALS.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-ALSC.dsl"

// backlight
#include "include/SSDT-PNLF.dsl"

// disable DGPU
#include "include/SSDT-RP01_PEGP.dsl"

// usb
#include "include/SSDT-XHC.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-USBX.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-UIAC-UX430-KABYR.dsl"

// others
#include "include/SSDT-HACK.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-LPC.dsl"
#include "include/SSDT-IGPU.dsl"
}

Refer to the hotpatch guide. It is linked from the main ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

In Windows, my laptop is about 34 C.
Mac have stable 44 C+, and Fan always working. Some problems with battery indicator, i used DSDT patch, removed errors and battery max status is 98%. Temperature jumping from 44 to 76 C. I'm already going crazy, I don't know English well, and it's hard to understand what is written in the guides, I have to spend more time to understand, but still something strange happens. In previous attempts to install hackintosh, once I had a laptop temperature of about 35 degrees, but there were some problems, and I had to reinstall the system. I tried to use all available methods to run all systems, touchpad, backlight, graphics, and so on. But the majority does not work and I have to use the settings from the guide, the link in the previous post. The touchpad has jumps cursor, if you use third-party settings. However, when running .sh from the guide where a single system is being created SSDT, it works only in that case.
Where is a problem in this build? Also where I was looking for instructions on how to turn CPU PM, the result can be seen in IORegExplorer -> CPU0, x86... in my case this is RP00, x86... I'm not sure if it is disabled. There is also a topic nearby, with the discussion of a similar ux430ua laptop and there, according to the creator of the topic, the temperature is also in the state of 35-39 degrees. Thread. Thread 2
In my build is used VirtualSMC, if i replace it with FakeSMC, all settings like backlight, brightness, touchpad etc, stop working.
How are VirtualSMC and AsusSMC used in global SSDT (it used in my build from script install.sh)? It is recommended to use FakeSMC everywhere, if it is possible to understand how touchpad works with this Kext etc, maybe possible to use it with FakeSMC. I tried to start all over again, but the backlight and touchpad stop working properly. Vicious circle. Please help me, tell me what to do.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2018-12-12 в 3.17.46.png
    Снимок экрана 2018-12-12 в 3.17.46.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Снимок экрана 2018-12-12 в 3.20.38.png
    Снимок экрана 2018-12-12 в 3.20.38.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 75
  • debug_1228.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
In Windows, my laptop is about 34 C.
Mac have stable 44 C+, and Fan always working. Some problems with battery indicator, i used DSDT patch, removed errors and battery max status is 98%. Temperature jumping from 44 to 76 C. I'm already going crazy, I don't know English well, and it's hard to understand what is written in the guides, I have to spend more time to understand, but still something strange happens. In previous attempts to install hackintosh, once I had a laptop temperature of about 35 degrees, but there were some problems, and I had to reinstall the system. I tried to use all available methods to run all systems, touchpad, backlight, graphics, and so on. But the majority does not work and I have to use the settings from the guide, the link in the previous post. The touchpad has jumps cursor, if you use third-party settings. However, when running .sh from the guide where a single system is being created SSDT, it works only in that case.
Where is a problem in this build? Also where I was looking for instructions on how to turn CPU PM, the result can be seen in IORegExplorer -> CPU0, x86... in my case this is RP00, x86... I'm not sure if it is disabled. There is also a topic nearby, with the discussion of a similar ux430ua laptop and there, according to the creator of the topic, the temperature is also in the state of 35-39 degrees. Thread. Thread 2
In my build is used VirtualSMC, if i replace it with FakeSMC, all settings like backlight, brightness, touchpad etc, stop working.
How are VirtualSMC and AsusSMC used in global SSDT (it used in my build from script install.sh)? It is recommended to use FakeSMC everywhere, if it is possible to understand how touchpad works with this Kext etc, maybe possible to use it with FakeSMC. I tried to start all over again, but the backlight and touchpad stop working properly. Vicious circle. Please help me, tell me what to do.
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, you have a strange mix of static patch and hotpatch. It seems you're trying to use a hotpatch SSDT from another laptop/guide? Don't attempt to use that unless you have a good understanding of hotpatch and how it may need changing for your own system. And especially don't attempt to add conflicting/duplicate patches via static patch and hotpatch.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, you have a strange mix of static patch and hotpatch. It seems you're trying to use a hotpatch SSDT from another laptop/guide? Don't attempt to use that unless you have a good understanding of hotpatch and how it may need changing for your own system. And especially don't attempt to add conflicting/duplicate patches via static patch and hotpatch.
Ok, i try again. I install the FakeSMC, now temperature CPU-38 C, SSD-30 C. I will follow the instructions again.

Something bad, temperature now always 60' C:lol:

Last edited:
This time, something more was accomplished than before. The backlight works correctly. It remains a bit, I have a question, why do need USBInjectAll? I can not find a complete description, I also need to use them? My USB ports work.
By the way, I again had to use VirtualSMC because in the guide was told to use it to start the backlight. In this regard, I do not have data on the processor readings in the HWMonitor, how to configure the display of this information? Still i need to configurate CPUPM, probably. And disable Nvidia. In HWMonitor i see only temperature SSD, its 39' C . Laptop comfortable temperature, i hope when i end all configuration, temperature will be like 35-39' C.
Also i have a usb wifi, TP-Link TL-WN727N, last time I didn’t understand how to configure it and decided that it doesn’t work, but yesterday I search better and I managed to launch it, very comfortable (Before i used usb-lan).
Also the question, is recommended to install KEXTS in L/E, and when i do this, the touchpad stops working for me, what can it be connected with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back