Hello,

Got some questions about trying to wrap up my install:

First and foremost here are basic specs:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H
i5-3570K
EVGA GT 640
Samsung 830 Series 128 GB SSD
16GB RAM - Corsair Vengeance

Unibeast and the initial boot went fine. Applied multibeast settings and rebooted then at the login screen for my account both the mouse and keyboard are non-responsive. Also the cursor in the box for password isn't blinking, so maybe its frozen?
Any ideas on this?

Did I put in too many settings on Multibeast? I followed a build that was successful and used very similar settings in Multibeast that the build I followed used.

Is it possible to just choose my audio and ethernet in Multibeast and that's it? Or should I check more options?

Do i need to install Chimera seperately? Or is it included within Multibeast?

Hello,

Got some questions about trying to wrap up my install:

First and foremost here are basic specs:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H
i5-3570K
EVGA GT 640
Samsung 830 Series 128 GB SSD
16GB RAM - Corsair Vengeance

Unibeast and the initial boot went fine. Applied multibeast settings and rebooted then at the login screen for my account both the mouse and keyboard are non-responsive. Also the cursor in the box for password isn't blinking, so maybe its frozen?
Any ideas on this?

Did I put in too many settings on Multibeast? I followed a build that was successful and used very similar settings in Multibeast that the build I followed used.

Is it possible to just choose my audio and ethernet in Multibeast and that's it? Or should I check more options?

Do i need to install Chimera seperately? Or is it included within Multibeast?

What kind of keyboard and mouse?

the mouse is a Microsoft wired usb mouse and the keyboard is a Logitech wireless usb keyboard. They both worked great throughout the whole setup process. Was able to change drive name, type in account name & password, surf the internet (once initial boot into Mountain Lion was achieved). It was only after I installed Multibeast settings and rebooted that they wouldn't work once I got to the login screen.

Does anyone have any recommended bare minimum multibeast settings for my system?

Not sure where to go from here. Maybe do a new new fresh install and try minimum multibeast settings?

the mouse is a Microsoft wired usb mouse and the keyboard is a Logitech wireless usb keyboard. They both worked great throughout the whole setup process. Was able to change drive name, type in account name & password, surf the internet (once initial boot into Mountain Lion was achieved). It was only after I installed Multibeast settings and rebooted that they wouldn't work once I got to the login screen.

Does anyone have any recommended bare minimum multibeast settings for my system?

Not sure where to go from here. Maybe do a new new fresh install and try minimum multibeast settings?

Seems like something you did broke USB. You should always apply MB settings one at a time (when possible), unless you know for sure that a given set of kexts/patches/etc are appropriate for your hardware.

What about just adding what I need for Audio and Ethernet? And then tackle what doesn't work after that?

That should be okay right?

Do I need to install Chimera on its own? Or is it built into Multibeast?

What about just adding what I need for Audio and Ethernet? And then tackle what doesn't work after that?

That should be okay right?

Do I need to install Chimera on its own? Or is it built into Multibeast?

Sounds like a reasonable plan.
There is a Chimera installer inside Multibeast.

Sounds good.

I'm going to start fresh with a new install and go from there. Hopefully I can get this thing going. I feel like I'm 95% there!

Thanks for all the help and input.

I will post here if I get it up and running 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back