Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
are there any kexts or is there any support for the intel centurion n-1000 wifi card? its the only thing that i have to get working on my dv6 laptop.

Re: kexts or support for intel centurion wireless n-1000

No luck dude, only some Atheros and Broadcom cards are supported by mac. There is a darwin port of the iwi open source drivers from linux, yet it only stably supports a few and experimentally supports a few. I think that the project is dead though :(

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

Tried alsorts of cards that I have lying around. My laptop won't boot unless the intel one is plugged in

My laptop has the same wifi card. No succes... yet

pik0nn said:

shame really cus its quite a good little card. why do apple have to make it so hard lol.
i have bought a miniature edimax wireless dongle. its a nano one but its got great range on it. you can hardly see it in the side of the laptop.

cooperzetec1 said:
pik0nn said:

shame really cus its quite a good little card. why do apple have to make it so hard lol.
i have bought a miniature edimax wireless dongle. its a nano one but its got great range on it. you can hardly see it in the side of the laptop.

That sounds good.. But I prefer to have it inside. At the moment I have net via weird cable. I can't use it from the sofa but at least, on the office I have net :)

i'm also having the same card.. tryed a lot.. but can't succeed... :(

That's because Intel WiFi cards do not work on OS X. There is no driver support. None from Apple. And none from open-source.

Best to replace the card with a compatible unit and enjoy.

Re: kexts or support for intel centurion wireless n-1000

No luck dude, only some Atheros and Broadcom cards are supported by mac. There is a darwin port of the iwi open source drivers from linux, yet it only stably supports a few and experimentally supports a few. I think that the project is dead though :(

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/
I had a Asus laptop that had a Intel wireless card in it and it worked find with Yosemite 10.10.5 but the one I have now Intel Centrino does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back