Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3
CPU
Intel i5 4430 Haswell
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My system won't boot. I've attached a screenshot and my config.plist.

IMG_20180521_113755.jpg

When I'm not in verbose mode, it freezes once the progress bar is full, then doesn't display anything. When I am in verbose mode, and I let it do kextd stall (240s): 'GFX0' about four times, then it loops around and does an infiite loop, each time running into the kextd stall (240s): 'GFX0.'

Any help is appreciated. I'm good at following directions. My display is connected over DVI-D. I'm using onboard graphics, Intel HD4600 as noted on my profile.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 305
Hello Raffilosophy,

Did you make any progress on your kextd stall 'GFX0' issue?

I have almost the same problem here, except that the time out is 60s instead of 240.

I have Lenovo M93p mini tower. Iy features an Intel Q87 chipset with a i5-4460 processor:

I do not have any additional card. I used Unibeast 8.3.2 to create the High Sierra 10.3.6 installer and reformatted my hard disk to do a clean install.

Booting on the Unibeat generated USB key worked and install was reasonably smooth. I then used Multibeast to install Clover on the hard disk (only options: quick UEFI + Ethernet driver).

So, now when I boot on the hard disk, I get the kextd stall 'GFX0' issue, but if I load the Clover bootloader from the USB key (using the BIOS to choose USB UEFI) and then selecting the hard disk with High Sierra to continue booting… it boots all the way without stalling.

I compared the config.plist files from the USB key and the hard disk and the relevant difference is:
USB config.plist config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x12345678
HDD config.plist config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x0

According to RehabMan, setting IntelGFX to 0x12345678 is an invalid ID!

If I change HDD config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x12345678, then I can boot without going through the USB step... but the HD4600 graphics are not accelerated (sluggish graphics, video memory at 7 MB instead of 1536 MB).

In this thread, RehabMan insists that:
Desktop HD4600 requirements:
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0
- BIOS DVMT-prealloc 64mb
- digital connection to your monitor (VGA not supported)
- VT-d disabled or use dart=0​

I triple checked all these points and didn't solve the kextd stall 'GFX0' problem: as soon as I set IntelGFX=0, it stalls. So for now I have IntelGFX=0x12345678 and sluggish graphics.

I hope this will help you at least complete the boot process to the desktop… until one of us solves the HD 4600 acceleration problem.

Hello All,

I am still investigating the "kextd stall" and found out something interesting/surprising.

When the boot process stalls at 'kextd stall… (60s)', the systems is visible on the network and I can access its file sharing. If I wait more than 4 minutes so that the 'kextd stall' repeats four times, it continues booting with a black screen and I can screen share with the system which then has accelerated graphics (but only in the shared screen, its DisplayPort connected screen remaining in text mode with the verbose boot output.

Essentially, it seems that when the OS loads the kext for graphic acceleration it does not detect the connected display (which works well under Linux and Win 10)

I am attaching the usual files. As a reminder here is the configuration:
- Lenovo M93p mini tower with Intel Q87 chipset
- i5-4460 processor
- using onboard graphics, with Dell monitor connected to the display port
- Clover, macOS 10.13.6

See full reports attached.

Any help welcome…

Attachments

• Multiple reports.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
I triple checked all these points and didn't solve the kextd stall 'GFX0' problem: as soon as I set IntelGFX=0, it stalls. So for now I have IntelGFX=0x12345678 and sluggish graphics.
Boot with IntelGFX=0x12345678
When you reach the desktop, install the kexts Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.
Change IntelGFX=0x0

Boot with IntelGFX=0x12345678
When you reach the desktop, install the kexts Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.
Change IntelGFX=0x0

Hello BreBo,

Thank you for your help. I tried Lilu + IntelGraphicsFixUp both in L/E and in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other without any difference.

When I let the system boot all the way (waiting over 5') and connect via screen sharing, the system doesn't have any EDID data (ioreg -l | grep "IODisplayEDID" returns… nothing - not even an error.)

I have tried to inject EDID with the following addition to config.plist (data extracted under Win 10 - full config.plist attached - serials removed):
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0D220003</string>
<key>EDID</key>
<dict>
<key>Custom</key> <data>AP///////wAQrJZATDA0Ny8YAQOALBh46o3VoldSoScOUFSlSwBxT4GAqcABAQEBAQEBAQEBLyZAoGCEGjAwIDUAsuwQAAAaAAAA/wA4SFJQQzRCSTc0MEwKAAAA/ABERUxMIFAyMDE0SAogAAAA/QA4TB5TEQAKICAgICAgAHo=</data>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
<key>ProductID</key>
<string>0x4096</string>
<key>VendorID</key>
<string>0xAC10</string>
</dict>
</dict>​

Injecting didn't make any difference and I still don't have any EDID data in IOreg!

When I boot with a dummy FakeID/IntelGFX to prevent the accelerated graphics from loading, strangely enough, it displays with the native resolution of my Dell monitor (1600x900), but the EDID data is still missing… very bizarre.

Since my previous message, I have rebuilt the OS from scratch: reformatting the disk and reinstalling High Sierra to have a clean configuration.

I have a couple other systems with Gigabyte mobos and Haswell processors and didn't have any problems enabling the HD 4600 onboard video.

Any other suggestion welcome!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
I found that I had GFX0 stalls after putting an RX570 card in my Optiplex. Using Mojave and WEG it’s not required to patch Framebuffer IDs in clover config - it should happen automatically.

What fixed it is setting system name to a good value - Mac14,2 in my case for an i7-3770 instead of a MacMini6,2.

My system won't boot. I've attached a screenshot and my config.plist.

View attachment 332166

When I'm not in verbose mode, it freezes once the progress bar is full, then doesn't display anything. When I am in verbose mode, and I let it do kextd stall (240s): 'GFX0' about four times, then it loops around and does an infiite loop, each time running into the kextd stall (240s): 'GFX0.'

Any help is appreciated. I'm good at following directions. My display is connected over DVI-D. I'm using onboard graphics, Intel HD4600 as noted on my profile.

Please, i need more details on this. What did you exactly do. I am 10 day's busy trying to solve this problem. I can only boot MacOs with the exact IntelGTX number in Devices. 1 time it started correct without IntelGTX and my VRAM GPU WAS FIXED!!! But the second time and times after that i got this same error. And the IntelGTX number needs to be empty for the VRAM to work, so this is really frustrating.

Can you help me with this please? Instruct me please in what you did?

I found that I had GFX0 stalls after putting an RX570 card in my Optiplex. Using Mojave and WEG it’s not required to patch Framebuffer IDs in clover config - it should happen automatically.

What fixed it is setting system name to a good value - Mac14,2 in my case for an i7-3770 instead of a MacMini6,2.

Please, i need more details on this. What did you exactly do. I am 10 day's busy trying to solve this problem. I can only boot MacOs with the exact IntelGTX number in Devices. 1 time it started correct without IntelGTX and my VRAM GPU WAS FIXED!!! But the second time and times after that i got this same error. And the IntelGTX number needs to be empty for the VRAM to work, so this is really frustrating.

I can't use IntelGTX 0x12345678, because then my VRAM wont work. I saw it 1 time happening, it booted perfect without IntelGTX but after that it didn't work, i changed nothing and saved a copy of the EFI folder.

I can't use IntelGTX 0x12345678, because then my VRAM wont work. I saw it 1 time happening, it booted perfect without IntelGTX but after that it didn't work, i changed nothing and saved a copy of the EFI folder.

I had set my system to MacMini6,2 and that won’t work with egpu. So set it to a system that such as iMac as I mentioned. That worked immediately for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back