Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 3567
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I just managed to boot OS X on my dell laptop.
I followed RehabMan's laptop guide at this link
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Since this is the second time I try to get this working this time I want to get everything right step by step instead of throwing a bunch of kexts in the system and hope it works.

In EFI/CLOVE/kexts/Other I have:
- RealtekRTL8100.kext
- FakeSMC.kext.kext
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext
everything seems fine there, ethernet works fine.

I installed in Library/Extensions (using kextbeast)
- IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
- Lilu.kext

Now, when I was installing the ethernet kext I followed this guide:
link -> https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296190-driver-for-realteks-rtl810x-fast-ethernet-series/

Installation

Before you install the driver you have to remove any installed driver for RTL810X.
  1. Goto /S/L/E and delete the old driver.
  2. Recreate the kernel cache.
  3. Open System Preferences and delete the corresponding network interface, e. g. en0. If you forget this step you might experience strange problems with certain Apple domains, iTunes and iCloud later.
  4. Install the new driver and recreate the kernel cache.
  5. Reboot
  6. Open System Preferences again, select Network and check if the new network interface has been created automatically or create it manually now.
  7. Configure the interface.
the problem is that when I rebuild the cache I get this error:

$ sudo kextcache -i /

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ff644047600 [0x7fff94bdb570]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ff641412260 [0x7fff94bdb570]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

KernelCache ID: DA3B5163EE78CD17E85AAF3AADC297D6

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f89345747d0 [0x7fff94bdb570]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8934588570 [0x7fff94bdb570]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }

is this normal? or Should I do something to fix it? Here is also my config.plist in case you need it. Thank you in advance for helping me

Attachments

• config.plist
    14.2 KB · Views: 223
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Since this is the second time I try to get this working this time I want to get everything right step by step instead of throwing a bunch of kexts in the system and hope it works.

- RealtekRTL8100.kext
- FakeSMC.kext.kext

- Lilu.kext

link -> https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296190-driver-for-realteks-rtl810x-fast-ethernet-series/

Installation

Before you install the driver you have to remove any installed driver for RTL810X.
  3. Open System Preferences and delete the corresponding network interface, e. g. en0. If you forget this step you might experience strange problems with certain Apple domains, iTunes and iCloud later.
  5. Reboot
  6. Open System Preferences again, select Network and check if the new network interface has been created automatically or create it manually now.

is this normal? or Should I do something to fix it? Here is also my config.plist in case you need it. Thank you in advance for helping me
have moved to laptop support for you

- RealtekRTL8100.kext
- FakeSMC.kext.kext

- Lilu.kext

Installation

5. Reboot

yes, it is normal output

also you should install fakesmc and all other kexts from clover/kexts/other to /Library/Extensions (also keeping a copy in clover/kexts/other of essential kexts)

yes, it is normal output

also you should install fakesmc and all other kexts from clover/kexts/other to /Library/Extensions (also keeping a copy in clover/kexts/other of essential kexts)
Ok, so even if I have the same kext in both directories it's not a problem?

Are you saying I should keep all of my kexts in both
/Library/Extensions
And
Clover/kexts/other

Or everything in
/Library/Extensions
And a duplicate of Only essential kexts in
Clover/kexts/other

Also what do you mean by essentials? And why would I do this?

Sorry for all my questions but I am trying to understand as well as I can the process of installing kexts and mantaining my system so that I can stop bothering you on the forum

Ok, so even if I have the same kext in both directories it's not a problem?

Are you saying I should keep all of my kexts in both
/Library/Extensions
And
Clover/kexts/other

Or everything in
/Library/Extensions
Clover/kexts/other

Also what do you mean by essentials? And why would I do this?

Sorry for all my questions but I am trying to understand as well as I can the process of installing kexts and mantaining my system so that I can stop bothering you on the forum
this is correct:

Or everything in
/Library/Extensions
Clover/kexts/other

fakesmc, network, VoodooPS2Controller etc are essential

audio kext, backlight kext is not essential

post 2 of the laptop guide explains it a little more:

Hi, I am trying to install high sierra on my dell inspiron-15-3567 (i5 7200U) and have created the bootable image using unibeast, whenever I boot from installer usb it shows apple logo for like 3-4 seconds and then restarts the system and dell screen is shown. I am new to this so i don't know much about hackintosh so could you share EFI and boot settings that you have used during your installation, It would save me.

Thanks

Hi, I am trying to install high sierra on my dell inspiron-15-3567 (i5 7200U) and have created the bootable image using unibeast, whenever I boot from installer usb it shows apple logo for like 3-4 seconds and then restarts the system and dell screen is shown. I am new to this so i don't know much about hackintosh so could you share EFI and boot settings that you have used during your installation, It would save me.

Thanks

Thanks

Hello! it’s been a while since this post, now my Hackintosh is working really really well, I installed Catalina and moved to OpeCore boot loader instead of clover. I mainly followed this guide

@tobia97 Hi, I did manage to install high sierra and graphics are fine, sound is working, bluetooth is working and wifi is working using itlwm.kext and to update i need to download catalina but i am unable to sign-in and getting this error (screen attached )saying your device couldn't be verified and after searching got to know that its caused by ethernet but as i choose ethernet card in system report it shows no card(screen attached) so could share which kext worked for you and how did you make it work, I installed RealtekRTL8111.kext and intelMausi.kext but didn't work for me, Thanks !

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    885.6 KB · Views: 53
  • system report.png
    system report.png
    449.5 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back