2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys, the latest Kext Utility v2.5.1 for Mountain Lion is now out.
Kext Utility / Home / cVad MAC

Also, If you're using TotalFinder plugin (gives you multiple tabs in Finder), they also have an updated version 1.3.11 that works without the warning message in Mountain Lion.

And one last tip... while Kext Utility is showing/should be repairing permissions, if you go to Disk Utility and run Repair Permissions there, you'll see a lot of things that still needed fixing. DU can also repair permissions deep inside kexts. So take some time to run OSX's Disk Utility itself and do a Repair Permissions explicitly from there.

I think I've tested all the programs I need/use and I'm pretty please with ML's operation now.
Console Log is clean, no weirdness and serious errors.
I'm ready to overwrite my Lion backup clone with a new ML backup.
No going back for me now :)

I am using an older version of Kext Utility (v 2.5.0b) pretty succesfully. I gather, however, that I should download this newer version (v 2.5.1) for a new ML build? There are some positive changes to this version?

Then the next question I have... is KextBeast better than Kext Utility? Or maybe it is better to ask, is one better than the other? I too found that after I ran Kext Utility (the older version) that I still had some repairs to make when I ran Disk Utility Repair permissions.

I look forward to some feedback and thank you in advance.

Hi

Kext utility is impossible to download from original site (error 404).

Could you provide it on tonymacx86.com ?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back