Contribute
Register

Kext Patching Attempt : RTL8190 (TRENDNET TEW-643PI N 300MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 (UEFI)
CPU
i5 2400
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hello !

I have this WiFi card, the TEW 643 PI N from Trendnet, and would like to make it work on my Hackintosh. I looked for kexts or patches without success.

So I was wondering if it could be possible to patch an existing kext myself for this chipset to work. I have the Realtek chip Vendor ID and Product ID (I think). But I do not know which Kext I should patch to make this work.

Vendor ID : 10ec
Product ID :10ec:8190

A little help is welcomed ! :thumbup:

Thanks,
Clovel

I have this WiFi card, the TEW 643 PI N from Trendnet, and would like to make it work on my Hackintosh. I looked for kexts or patches without success.

So I was wondering if it could be possible to patch an existing kext myself for this chipset to work. I have the Realtek chip Vendor ID and Product ID (I think). But I do not know which Kext I should patch to make this work.
OS X supports Broadcom and Atheros wireless PCIe (AR9280/9230 native). There is no Realtek wireless PCIe support in OS X making kext editing infeasible. Realtek supports OS X USB wireless (i.e., TEW 664).

Hi ! Thanks for answering.

Aren't the chipsets int he USB adapters the same (or similar) to the PCI-E ones ?

Anyway, bad luck for Wi-Fi. I have this Ralink one, but I literally hate Reconnecting each time, the poor prefpane and the low performance it has.

Thanks,
Clovel

Aren't the chipsets int he USB adapters the same (or similar) to the PCI-E ones ?

Anyway, bad luck for Wi-Fi. I have this Ralink one, but I literally hate Reconnecting each time, the poor prefpane and the low performance it has.
No. I use the Railink USB/RT2870/10.8 drivers on a Cisco 600N and the Trendnet noted above (300 MB download/270 MB upload) without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back