2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
System:
Motherboard: z97m-d3h
CPU: 4670K
GPU: Inbuilt HD4600

SMBios: iMac 14,2

The first time i ran Multibeast post installation, I could see HD4600, 1543MB in 'About this Mac' section. Later i messed up with some settings and had to do a fresh install.
In my 2nd and 3rd installation attempt, i am unable to get full QE/CI inspite of following the exact same procedures with Multibeast.

My VendorID:DeviceID (8086:0412) is natively supported in IntelAppleHD5000.kext.

and furthermore in terminal bdmesg I get this:

---------------------------------------------
------------ INTEL DEVICE INFO --------------
Class code: [0300]
Intel HD Graphics 4600 [8086:0412] (rev 06)
Subsystem: [1458:d000] :: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
Using default ig-platform-id of 0d220003

I am perplexed so as to why the kext's are not loading even after using proper boot flags / org.chameleon.boot.plist.
I was thinking I was going to have to add a IGPlatformID flag to my chameleon plist but these show without a doubt that the CPU and hd 4600 graphics are being recognized. It's just being allotted 3MB when it should be getting the 64MB that my BIOS settings are set to. All I can land on for a problem is the No Kext Loaded in Kernel Extension Info.

Boot Flags: -v PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No
Additional Flags Tried: 'Graphics Mode'=1600x1200x32 IGPlatformID=0d220003 IGPDeviceID=0412

Note: i've removed all kext with AppleIntelHD3000*, AppleIntelHD4000*, AppleIntelHDSNB* from S/L/E.

How do i resolve this issue?

System:
Motherboard: z97m-d3h
CPU: 4670K
GPU: Inbuilt HD4600

SMBios: iMac 14,2

The first time i ran Multibeast post installation, I could see HD4600, 1543MB in 'About this Mac' section. Later i messed up with some settings and had to do a fresh install.
In my 2nd and 3rd installation attempt, i am unable to get full QE/CI inspite of following the exact same procedures with Multibeast.

My VendorID:DeviceID (8086:0412) is natively supported in IntelAppleHD5000.kext.

and furthermore in terminal bdmesg I get this:

------------ INTEL DEVICE INFO --------------

I am perplexed so as to why the kext's are not loading even after using proper boot flags / org.chameleon.boot.plist.
I was thinking I was going to have to add a IGPlatformID flag to my chameleon plist but these show without a doubt that the CPU and hd 4600 graphics are being recognized. It's just being allotted 3MB when it should be getting the 64MB that my BIOS settings are set to. All I can land on for a problem is the No Kext Loaded in Kernel Extension Info.

Boot Flags: -v PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No
Additional Flags Tried: 'Graphics Mode'=1600x1200x32 IGPlatformID=0d220003 IGPDeviceID=0412

Note: i've removed all kext with AppleIntelHD3000*, AppleIntelHD4000*, AppleIntelHDSNB* from S/L/E.

How do i resolve this issue?

PCIRootUID=1 is wrong. Remove.

Ohh is it ? May i ask what tells if it is right or wrong ?
Because all the articles i see over the internet with the Motherboard/CPU combination as mine has PCIRootUID=1 as their boot flag. I will try booting without it.

Ohh is it ? May i ask what tells if it is right or wrong ?
Because all the articles i see over the internet with the Motherboard/CPU combination as mine has PCIRootUID=1 as their boot flag. I will try booting without it.

Your PCI root is most likely zero. Using the wrong PCI root disables EFI property injection (which is why your flags for graphics injection are not workign).

Your PCI root is most likely zero. Using the wrong PCI root disables EFI property injection (which is why your flags for graphics injection are not workign).

I've tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 flag and it failed to start into OSX(hung up on the BluetoothIOController).
What i have not tried is skipping the PCIRootUID flag entirely.

I've tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 flag and it failed to start into OSX(hung up on the BluetoothIOController).
What i have not tried is skipping the PCIRootUID flag entirely.

It indicates a problem with your graphics setup.

Make sure all requirements are met:
- correct ig-platform-id injected (desktop typical is 0x0d220003)
- monitor connected via digital port (DVI-D, HDMI or DP). VGA is not supported.
- VT-d disabled in BIOS (or use dart=0 kernel flag)
- IGPU preallocated memory set to 64mb

Thanks a lot for helping me out @RehabMan.

How do i inject ig-platform-id while booting or in org.chameleon.boot.plist ? And what are the possible other values to try out?

Other than that, i think i've done the rest of the necessary setup.
Monitor connected via HDMI. I have a K series processor, so there's not VT-d option in the BIOS. (I've disabled the option named 'Intel Virtualization Technology')
IGPU has 64 MB allocated in the bios too.

ig-platform-id - 0d220003 gets selected by default.
This is what i get from bdmesg

PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

It shows you have PCIRootUID set incorrectly.
How is your monitor connected?
Did you disable VT-d in BIOS.
Did you set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb?

It shows you have PCIRootUID set incorrectly.
How is your monitor connected?
Did you disable VT-d in BIOS.
Did you set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb?

• My Monitor's connected via HDMI. Can this be an issue with the monitor ? Should i try connecting to my Television via HDMI as i don't have a spare monitor ?
  • I cannot find VT-d in my bios.
  • I have set DVMT total memory size to "MAX". Other options as 128M and 256M. I've set Intel Processor Graphics Memory Allocation to 64MB.

Also does Boot-UUID flag matter ? As i can see it is automatically being applied through chameleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back