Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
KEXT to support Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter out-of-the-box

I've been using a Mac for quite some years, but I never bothered to see how this all works driver-wise. After digging into the system a little bit deeper I realized that, apparently, during startup OS X will just enumerate all files with the suffix .kext under /System/Library/Extensions, parse the Info.plist it finds there (recursively), and try to match vendor/device IDs to find out if a driver matches the system's hardware. This enumeration is run in alphabetical order.

So I present to you a KEXT for supporting the Intel Gigabit CT (82574L) Desktop Adapter with the default Apple system drivers for the 82574L NIC chipset: View attachment IONetworkingFamilyInjector.kext.zip

Extract and copy to /System/Library/Extensions

Please make sure that you update the KEXT caches afterwards. (I use Kext Wizard. You could also just sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions).

All it does is overlay the IONetworkingFamily.kext with an extended device ID list that also matches the CT PCIe NIC. No need to patch any vanilla KEXTs or use a DSDT. I've named the KEXT IONetworkingFamilyInjector.kext, but you could also name it IONetworkingFamilyBob.kext, as long as the file name is succeeding IONetworkingFamily alphabetically.

Many thanks for this- truly a work of genius!

thank you, this is great, solve a problem for me related to samba write speed.
problem :
to samba write extreme low speed.
from samba to OSX is fast speed.
to other OSX is fast
and from other OSX is fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back