Contribute
Register

Kext For Intel SATA Controller in RAID Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
That controller setup can work with SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext.
See here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Any volumes/partitions in RAID will not be recognized by macOS.

Hi Rehabman,

Thanks for the good link - a good read!

However, I bought an external (PCI-E based) RAID controller for my array and it's all working dandy in Windows.

Sierra has been misbehaving though. When I initially installed the card it booted just fine! But after booting into the RAID BIOS and setting up my RAID Sierra won't boot! (See attached boot -v output).
I can't put my finger on this one - it read the separate drives just fine before setting up the RAID. And the controller is supposedly natively supported, from what I read online. (Marvell 9230 chipset).

Am I missing something?

P.S. I realize this probably cries out loud for a new thread. Sorry for spamming someone else's

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 240
I completely forgot my BIOS got reset to default settings after I managed to fire-up the Marvell BIOS!
Thanks!

I have now booted into Sierra successfully - and can read and write to the array no problems! The NVidia driver seems to have gone without leaving its forward address, but that's fine! I'll probably be doing a High Sierra clean install on my new SSD soon enough.

This is brilliant! No kexts, no hassle.
Thanks, guys!

Happy hacking!
littlegreen

I completely forgot my BIOS got reset to default settings after I managed to fire-up the Marvell BIOS!
Thanks!

I have now booted into Sierra successfully - and can read and write to the array no problems! The NVidia driver seems to have gone without leaving its forward address, but that's fine! I'll probably be doing a High Sierra clean install on my new SSD soon enough.

This is brilliant! No kexts, no hassle.
Thanks, guys!

Happy hacking!
littlegreen

Are you able to read / write to the array in both Windows and OS X?

Are you able to read / write to the array in both Windows and OS X?

Hey Roen,

Sorry for the late reply.
Answer to your question is "Yes!" - in both Windows and High Sierra I can read and write to the array just fine.

Please note my array is formatted in the exFAT file system to achieve this compatibility.
Both High Sierra and Windows now only see a single drive.

I also found a little tool to monitor and manage the array directly through Windows - I don't think there is one for Mac though.

I hope this helps!

Happy hacking!
littlegreen

Hey Roen,

Answer to your question is "Yes!" - in both Windows and High Sierra I can read and write to the array just fine.

Please note my array is formatted in the exFAT file system to achieve this compatibility.

I also found a little tool to monitor and manage the array directly through Windows - I don't think there is one for Mac though.

I hope this helps!

Happy hacking!
littlegreen

What is the driver for a Marvell 88se9230? (How lo load)
I`m in 10.13.4, detected as pci1b4b,9230

thx

Hey Roen,

I hope this helps!

Happy hacking!
littlegreen
I actually use a USB-C Gen 2 External M.2 SATA RAID Enclosure in Hardware RAID 0.

What is the driver for a Marvell 88se9230? (How lo load)
I`m in 10.13.4, detected as pci1b4b,9230

thx

Hi juantrix,

I did not need to install any drivers. macOS sees a single drive, as I have mentioned.

When you configure the raid array in the card's own BIOS it formats and "teams-up" the drives and is then the interface. So macOS (for me) only sees one drive attached. I'll post a screenshot later on when I get home.

happy hacking!
littlegreen

Hi everyone,
I'm new to hackintosh, but I think I'm at the right place here.

I installed hackintosh 10.12. on a X99-e ws mobo. It worked fine until I created a RAID0 out of 6 HDD 2TB (WD Red Pro).
I can't boot anymore, the clover is not showing. If I unplug the six HDD it will boot properly.
IMG_2246.JPG

I placed SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext into my USB Boot Stick in the kext/other but it dosn't see it.

My SATA Controller 1 Mode is set to AHCI (I tried Raid but it didn't do any difference)

I created the Raid0 with disk utility and it worked fine until reboot.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back