Contribute
Register

Kext For AR9462 On El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this adapter ( Atheros AR9485 ) Could I use this kext ? or is it completely different ?

pci168c 0030 changed to pci168c 0034 in Atheros40.

There are patches to the binary as well. If it was that easy, we would not need a patched kext at all (a simple injector, or "compatible" injection would suffice).

I contacted the guy who made the patches. They have a topic about it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...n-os-x-el-capitan-1011-for-unsupported-cards/

Seems interesting to look at.

I looked at that thread at one point, but didn't see any clear statement of the assembly patches needed.

Although I could figure it out by reading the explanation and looking at the disassembly (with an eye toward creating a Clover KextsToPatch entry), since I don't have any desire to use the hardware, the few hours of time investment is not worth it.

Hi,
I have this AR9462, installed the attached kext,
I can turn on/of the wifi, but I can't see any of my networks.

Whats the issue?

thanks.

Helooo,
Thanks for this post and kext in the first place!
At last I can see my damned wifi sort of working (Asus Z87 Pro, el capitan 10.11.6).
Bluetooth worked fine before, now I can even turn wifi of/off and connect to my wireless but soon after that computer starts lagging to the point where I cant launch even terminal. I have not tried to disconnect ethernet cable (didn't think it was an issue at that time, might try later), or have not changed any settings yet, just switched the radio off for the moment.
No luck on Sierra yet, though. Can't run the command.
Anyone with better experience or any other tips?
Cheers

Hi,
I have this AR9462, installed the attached kext,
I can turn on/of the wifi, but I can't see any of my networks.

Whats the issue?

thanks.
I have same problem.Any solution?Thank you

this was working fine on sierra but stopped working after high sierra update
any ideas?

edit: found it, attached to post

Attachments

• AR946X.10.13.v20.zip
    656 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.